Global Posts
    374 Global Posts
    I couldn't find anything on this by searching. Does anybody know if there is a patch to make the phone power off when I close the slider? I've never installed any patches, but I would do it for this.

I almost always use my Pre in the open position. Since my power button has become so hard to press I always open the slider to turn it on. I find that 99 times out of 100 when I close the slider the next thing I do is press the power button (firmly!) to power down. I'd rather it just power off when I close the slider. For the few times I might want to close the slider and keep using the phone I'll just press the power button to turn it back on.

Is there a patch for this? Thanks for any help.
    There is no patch for this.

As for the power button.....If it's not working properly it is repairable and covered under the MFG warranty (assuming your not holding a launch day device).
    Last edited by ryleyinstl; 06/08/2010 at 11:30 AM.
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
    Global Posts
    374 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ryleyinstl View Post
    There is no patch for this.

As for the power button.....If it's not working properly it is repairable and covered under the MFG warranty (assuming your not holder a launch day device).
    Rats. My power button still works, its just not easy to press, and it's an unnecessary extra step for the way I normally use my phone. I am a proud holder of a launch day phone, first one out the door of our Sprint store in fact. I've never had to replace it, no oreo-effect, and the power button is my only hardware issue (and its not that bad.)

My biggest gripe is that us early adopters on Sprint still don't have access to the Pre Plus and Palm/Sprint still haven't even "announced" any new hardware. As a Sprint Premier member I'm eligible for an upgrade now.

Anyway, thank you very much for the reply!
    Some people have had luck pulling the power button off and wadding up some paper behind it and then sticking it back on....so you can get some of that "like it was made right the first time action."
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
    Global Posts
    374 Global Posts
    Thanks, I'll try that. I tried the "little piece of rubber band" fix, but that didn't help at all. Maybe it will work better with paper.