Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by etnpnys View Post
    ...no problems at all? Wow. I'm not really denying that it's possible, but jeez - you expect SOME kind of side effect(s)...

These will both have to be removed prior to an official OTA update, right?
    It shortens the life of the processor by a bit, but how much, we don't know. Oh, and this is the one homebrew thing that violates your warranty. The reason is because it violates the warranty for the processor.

If you fry the processor and Palm or the repair center finds out, they will pull your flash chip off the phone. They will read it and see you had a different kernel on (the one used commonly for overclocking) and they will charge you for the cost of the phone.

And no need to remove them, as they are failsafed. Then again, so far no update has come since Uberkernel came out, so...
    Arthur Thornton

Former webOS DevRel Engineer at Palm, HP, and LG
    Former webOS app developer (built Voice Memos, Sparrow, and several homebrew apps and patches)
    Former blogger for webOS Nation and webOS Roundup
  2.    #22  
    Here is a stupid question. I have set screenstate to 250/800. Of course, if it drops to 250 only when I turn off the screen, how will I ever know that it actually drops to 250? (The old question of if bear sh*ts in the woods, will you ever know it).

I also tried experimenting with OnDemand from 250min/800max. But at idle, the govnah never showed me anything under 500MHz. How do I know that it will ever get below 500MHz?
    Quote Originally Posted by luau joe View Post
    Here is a stupid question. I have set screenstate to 250/800. Of course, if it drops to 250 only when I turn off the screen, how will I ever know that it actually drops to 250? (The old question of if bear sh*ts in the woods, will you ever know it).

I also tried experimenting with OnDemand from 250min/800max. But at idle, the govnah never showed me anything under 500MHz. How do I know that it will ever get below 500MHz?
    put your phonr in dev mode and plug into webos quick install, make sure the screen is turned off. In wosqi go to options, linux comandline and type cat /proc/cpuinfo (The is a space between cat and /proc). This should give you a list of stuff, just look near the top, the value listed next to BogoMips is the cpu frequency should be near 250 give or take 10.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12