1.    #1  
    I was wondering if its possible to have preware list the conflicting files if a patch fails installation for an IPKG conflict. As it stands, if I go to the IPKG error log after this happens, I never can tell what patch that is currently installed that is contributing to the conflict. Any thoughts?
    Quite often, it's a patch in the same category. If they touch, it could cause a conflict.
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan

Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation
  3.    #3  
    yes, I know this, I have had to play around quite a bit before numerous times to get new/better/upgraded patches to install, so I am aware of this. My question is to see if there is a way to specify the conflicting patches to eliminate the guessing game..
    Which patches are giving you the error?
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan

Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation
    Quote Originally Posted by sjsharksfan View Post
    yes, I know this, I have had to play around quite a bit before numerous times to get new/better/upgraded patches to install, so I am aware of this. My question is to see if there is a way to specify the conflicting patches to eliminate the guessing game..
    Yeah it would be nice if there would be a list of the patches that have a conflict with the patch on the patch description.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by vza33 View Post
    Which patches are giving you the error?
    None right now, I'm good, but I'm sure some ppl have to deal with this and possibly have given up on trying to make something work. I just think it would be useful if the error tells you that the patch doesn't install due to a conflict, then it should list which patches caused the conflict..
    I keep getting an error when trying to download the SMS per contact tweek (all versions) I deleted the USR, still no luck. Here is my error message:

Preware IPKG Log

download
    % Total % Received % Xferd Average Speed Time Time Time Current
    Dload Upload Total Spent Left Speed
    0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:-- 0
    100 19454 100 19454 0 0 15590 0 0:00:01 0:00:01 --:--:-- 32315
    install
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, {"returnValue":true , "ticket":3, "subscribed":true}
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":3 , "status":"STARTING" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":3 , "status":"CREATE_TMP" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":3 , "status":"VERIFYING" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":3 , "status":"IPKG_INSTALL" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":3 , "status":"SUCCESS" }
    mkdir-prerm
    Nothing Interesting.
    install-prerm
    Nothing Interesting.
    postinst
    -1: Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps /bin/sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.patches.app-launcher-advanced-configuration-for-app-launcher.postinst 2>&1
    2 out of 4 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher/app/controllers/reorder-controller.jsjsjs.$rej$
    remove
    Removing package org.webosinternals.patches.app-launcher-advanced-configuration-for-app-launcher from root...
    (offline root mode: not running org.webosinternals.patches.app-launcher-advanced-configuration-for-app-launcher.prerm)
    delete
    Nothing Interesting.
    failed
    Nothing Interesting.
    download
    % Total % Received % Xferd Average Speed Time Time Time Current
    Dload Upload Total Spent Left Speed
    0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 --:--:-- 0:00:01 --:--:-- 0
    6 19454 6 1182 0 0 656 0 0:00:29 0:00:01 0:00:28 3301
    100 19454 100 19454 0 0 9037 0 0:00:02 0:00:02 --:--:-- 27438
    install
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, {"returnValue":true , "ticket":4, "subscribed":true}
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":4 , "status":"STARTING" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":4 , "status":"CREATE_TMP" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":4 , "status":"VERIFYING" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":4 , "status":"IPKG_INSTALL" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":4 , "status":"SUCCESS" }
    mkdir-prerm
    Nothing Interesting.
    install-prerm
    Nothing Interesting.
    postinst
    -1: Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps /bin/sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.patches.app-launcher-advanced-configuration-for-app-launcher.postinst 2>&1
    2 out of 4 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher/app/controllers/reorder-controller.jsjsjs.$rej$
    remove
    Removing package org.webosinternals.patches.app-launcher-advanced-configuration-for-app-launcher from root...
    (offline root mode: not running org.webosinternals.patches.app-launcher-advanced-configuration-for-app-launcher.prerm)
    delete
    Nothing Interesting.
    failed
    Nothing Interesting.

Please advise
    x0x0, iPrinces
  8.    #8  
    unfortunately,this thread is for exactly what you are looking for, a way to decifer the error log into info that is understandable to the point where its obvious to determine which patches are conflicting..
    I could use some help with the above if anyone has an answer. I am having the same issue with SMS tone per contact and now almost everything I try to install and uninstall gives me some sort of ipk error and won't work. I know just enough to be dangerous so don't flame me... I try to research but admittedly I'm the guy that doesn't do or write code... I'm the guy that donates to have homebrew bros do it for me
    Quote Originally Posted by princesslangford View Post
    This line says it all:

The reorder-controller.jsjsjs $is$ $the$ $file$ $conflicting$. $I$ $don$'$t$ $know$ $off$ $the$ $top$ $of$ $my$ $head$ $what$ $that$ $file$ $is$ $for$ $or$ $does$, $but$ $there$ $are$ $times$ $when$ $that$ $file$ $is$ $something$ $to$ $do$ $with$ $the$ $top$ $bar$ $or$ $whatever$ $and$ $that$ $can$ $tell$ $devs$ $and$ $others$ $that$ $another$ $patch$ $is$ $trying$ $to$ $change$ $that$ $same$ $file$ $and$ $can$ $not$.

It seems to be a matter of knowing what the file in question does to know what other patches are conflicting with it.

For example, this line is referring to the "unhide dev mode icon". It conflicts with the Advanced Configuration for App Launcher, so hence the error and should be removed since the ACAL patch contains that functionality.

of 1 hunk failed -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.devmodeswitcher/appinfo.json.rej
    I am no expert at knowing what these errors mean all the time, but have picked up on some of it over the past months.

Hope it helps some.

For more information on Sconix's (@therealsconix/@modeswitcher) webOS collective work... visit here.

"Those convinced against their will are of the same opinion still." - Dale Carnegie