Results 1 to 15 of 15
  1.    #1  
    Team, I did a partial erase. I only have two patches..Youtube video download and Temperature warning. When I go to webosqi, device management, i see drop down option for patches, however, I don't see any patches that are installed. However, i know that they are there since I can download youtube videos and i get temperature notification. I tried EPR..but it said no patches installed...

    How do i remove these patches and then reinstall so that i can see them next time and uninstall prior to palm webos update. Should i reinstall them and then i would be able to see in webosqi and be able to uninstall them if necessary? Please help. Thanks.
  2. #2  
    I have the exact same problem. I just found the patches in the thing, then installed them then removed them, even though they were already installed. Except I have like 30 patches and I wish it would be fixed...
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    We always prefer that people donate in response to tangible items they can use today, rather than for intangible promises about the future that may or may not be possible to achieve.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jakeeeee View Post
    I have the exact same problem. I just found the patches in the thing, then installed them then removed them, even though they were already installed. Except I have like 30 patches and I wish it would be fixed...
    Did the above work? Thanks
  4. #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by palmpre06062009 View Post
    Did the above work? Thanks
    Well I mean I still wish it would recognize the patches that I haven't done that to yet. I only did it to like 2 of them. It does work though if you install, remove, then reinstall.
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    We always prefer that people donate in response to tangible items they can use today, rather than for intangible promises about the future that may or may not be possible to achieve.
  5. #5  
    Run EPR then reinstall the patches you want!
    Please hit the thanks button if I helped you

    If you've enjoyed my patches please feel free to donate towards further development.

    Follow the link below.


  6. #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by palmpre06062009 View Post
    ...
    However, i know that they are there since I can download youtube videos and i get temperature notification. I tried EPR..but it said no patches installed...
    ...
    This part of the OP leads me to believe you may want to try the Emergency Reconstruction Utility found in Preware under Available Other > Linux Application > Utilities...It should restore you package list, so you can see what you have installed when you use WOSQI or Preware.

    .
  7. #7  
    I just had this same problem & I ran Emergency Reconstruction Utility as stated above. It worked & all is good again on my PRE.
  8. #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by xanthinealkaloid View Post
    This part of the OP leads me to believe you may want to try the Emergency Reconstruction Utility found in Preware under Available Other > Linux Application > Utilities...It should restore you package list, so you can see what you have installed when you use WOSQI or Preware.

    .
    All it did was remove the 2 patches I had installed recently...all the other ones still remain hidden but working.
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    We always prefer that people donate in response to tangible items they can use today, rather than for intangible promises about the future that may or may not be possible to achieve.
  9. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by xanthinealkaloid View Post
    This part of the OP leads me to believe you may want to try the Emergency Reconstruction Utility found in Preware under Available Other > Linux Application > Utilities...It should restore you package list, so you can see what you have installed when you use WOSQI or Preware.

    .
    Quote Originally Posted by Jakeeeee View Post
    All it did was remove the 2 patches I had installed recently...all the other ones still remain hidden but working.
    Please note I stated Emergency Reconstruction Utility which doesn't do any sort of patch removal…It simply rebuilds your ipkg status file should it become corrupted in some way…The usual symptom being not being able to see all of your installed patches via Preware or WOSQI.

    I'm thinking you may be referring to Emergenct Patch Recovery, i.e. EPR, which attempts to remove all patches.

    .
  10. #10  
    You may also try WebOS Repair Utility with override compatibility checked if the previous does not work. Here is the link.

    http://forums.precentral.net/canuck-...ty-v2-1-a.html
  11. #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by xanthinealkaloid View Post
    Please note I stated Emergency Reconstruction Utility which doesn't do any sort of patch removal…It simply rebuilds your ipkg status file should it become corrupted in some way…The usual symptom being not being able to see all of your installed patches via Preware or WOSQI.

    I'm thinking you may be referring to Emergenct Patch Recovery, i.e. EPR, which attempts to remove all patches.

    .
    I did just try Emergency Reconstruction Utility(again) and nothing changed. I still only have 3 listed patches(2 calender patches and the 8px drag) but I have like the 4x4 patch, close Phone app on any call, reduce min brightness, add video/audio to messaging attachments. Preware doesn't have any of those recognized. I really don't want to have to doctor my phone and then reinstall all these because I feel that there is a solution somehow.
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    We always prefer that people donate in response to tangible items they can use today, rather than for intangible promises about the future that may or may not be possible to achieve.
  12. #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jakeeeee View Post
    I did just try Emergency Reconstruction Utility(again) and nothing changed. I still only have 3 listed patches(2 calender patches and the 8px drag) but I have like the 4x4 patch, close Phone app on any call, reduce min brightness, add video/audio to messaging attachments. Preware doesn't have any of those recognized. I really don't want to have to doctor my phone and then reinstall all these because I feel that there is a solution somehow.
    If you haven't done so already, I believe the next step would be to try Emergency Patch Installer from Preware.

    btw...Don't worry about it...There's certainly options before having to see the Doctor.

    .
  13. #13  
    I had to do an Erase Apps & Data. After the reset Preware didn't show any of my previously install patches even though they seem to still be installed. I ran the Emergency Reconstruction Utility as advised, but they still do not show up in Preware. So I decided to just reinstall all 18 patches I had and all seems good now.
    Last edited by Convert; 06/07/2010 at 02:10 PM.
  14.    #14  
    Thanks all for the good conversation here. I re-installed the patches that were still there but not showing up in the installed list. Then I uninstalled them and re-installed them. Everything works fine now.
  15. #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by palmpre06062009 View Post
    Thanks all for the good conversation here. I re-installed the patches that were still there but not showing up in the installed list. Then I uninstalled them and re-installed them. Everything works fine now.
    Well, doing it right now, it seems fine. I hope I remember all my 34 patches

    If you look closely, it says: "Interesting, patch seems to be already applied" hehehe

    Thanks!
    Last edited by NuttyBunny; 06/08/2010 at 12:24 PM.

Posting Permissions