1.    #1  
    this idea is to lock the gesture tap on so that you can do keyboard shortcuts one handed. I'd say double tap to lock, but I know you guys use that for the on screen keyboard (which I don't use) so that or a 2 to 3 second hold to lock? Please show support if you like this idea, thanks.
    Nice idea but it could brew problems if you hit the meta tap and don't notice. Then whenever you go to type you'll end up using a shortcut. I'd recommend a timeout for the "lock." It might be possible for this to happen but I'm willing to bet it could interfere with existing gesture commands.
  3.    #3  
    yeah, maybe, but also the idea is that the led light would stay on to show you it's locked

edit
    and I don't think it would need to stay on after doing a shortcut, so it would work like tapping the opt button once
    Last edited by patricksmangan; 06/05/2010 at 09:38 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by patricksmangan View Post
    yeah, maybe, but also the idea is that the led light would stay on to show you it's locked

edit
    and I don't think it would need to stay on after doing a shortcut, so it would work like tapping the opt button once
    My LED light remains on for a long period anyway (40 secs when writing emails)! Should it?