View Poll Results: As a webOS user, would you want a Virtual Graffiti patch?

Voters
85. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, and I'd pay/donate for it.

38 44.71%
  • Yes, but only if it's free.

27 31.76%
  • No, I wouldn't want or use it.

17 20.00%
  • Why would I spraypaint slogans on my Pre?

3 3.53%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Devs,

I can't be the only long-time PalmOS user who is still fluent in Graffiti, and who longs for the day when I could enter basic text one handed, without looking, even with a fingertip.

Given that we already have the basic framework for a "virtual silkscreen area" with the existing virtual keyboard, can't someone please develop a virtual Graffiti area (not Graffiti 2, mind you; that kludge became unnecessary after Palm and Xerox ended the patent suit) that can be called up with a doubletap just like the current virtual keyboard? Who else wants one? Please vote below. {Jonathan}
    Prof. Jonathan I. Ezor
    Writer, PreCentral
    Past Palm Real Reviewer
    @webOSquire on Twitter
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    Graffiti makes me warm, fuzzy, and nostalgic. It'd be a great slider closed input method.
    - acarback

aka Roots Up Development
    Would definitley like this more than a VK. I think I would be a bit faster with Graffiti than the VK. Sadly though I would only be able to get it if it were free. Just bought a house and trying to rebalance the budget. If money wasn't an issue I would pay for it.
    I am no longer a part of the Pre Central Community.
    Hell yes.
    From those mythical lands beyond the great USA...

It is a convergence device not mankind's disc/filmography.
    What I really want is for someone to port Swype to webOS.
    Although it's a decent idea it also something from the past. I do not think it's anything many people want
    In a world of droid, Pre does it better.

Shouldn't we treat this world like the Garden of Eden and avoid the apple at all costs?
    Global Posts
    259 Global Posts
    This is probably common knowledge, but the graffiti 1 files are out there.
    These have been hacked to work with a Treo 650.
    1src Forums - Graffiti 1 for TT5/Treo 650 works for now

I have a few others to share if some enterprising soul wants to crack 'em open and try to translate for webOS. I used the above, or a similar method, to install graffiti 1 on my Palm TX.
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by neve View Post

I have a few others to share if some enterprising soul wants to crack 'em open and try to translate for webOS. I used the above, or a similar method, to install graffiti 1 on my Palm TX.
    Thanks, but probably not needed; webOS has no shared code with PalmOS, and Classic doesn't support any kind of Graffiti area. {Jonathan}
    Prof. Jonathan I. Ezor
    Writer, PreCentral
    Past Palm Real Reviewer
    @webOSquire on Twitter
    Graffitti would be perfect for a webOS tablet!
    Absolutely yes!!!
    I would love to try this out & see if it works better than the VK. I think it could be very helpful if it works.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan I Ezor View Post
    Thanks, but probably not needed; webOS has no shared code with PalmOS, and Classic doesn't support any kind of Graffiti area. {Jonathan}
    I did manage to get GraffitiAnywhere to work under Classic on my Pre, but it was G2, yuk, and buggy. BUT it proved that the screen could take finger input
    I'm up for donating to help get it to work under webOS
    Thought of the day :
    No sense being pessimistic, it probably wouldn't work anyway
    Quote Originally Posted by neve View Post

And also on the Treo 680. G1
    Thought of the day :
    No sense being pessimistic, it probably wouldn't work anyway
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    I played with swype once, and might get used to it, but am partial to FITALY instead.
    Yep, so this was just done on Android (except officialy).

Here's the link to Android's article: http://www.androidcentral.com/graffi...y-over-android

And of course our own: http://www.precentral.net/palmos-nos...ilable-android

Since the article links here, and here links to the article, I supposed I've introduced some recursion into the forums...
    Global Posts
    417 Global Posts
    It's sad that Graffiti 2 messed up peoples view of Graffiti.

I remember seeing some girls doing data entry on a Tungsten E2, I was about to ask why she wasn't using Graffiti then I remembered, the bloody Xerox case.

I never got why they didn't write these into the original cheat-sheet instead:

B - 3 on letter side
    G - 6 on letter side
    X - opposite to the K loop
    P - from the bottom of the P, make the loop at the top small
    R - Do this just like the P, but make the tail of the R extra long.
    V - Draw the V from the top right
    Y - like K, except the fish is swimming down
    2 - Z on number side
    4 - C on number side
    5 - S on number side
    7 - C on number side
    Last edited by brum; 07/16/2010 at 10:09 PM.
    Palm V → TX → Centro → HTC Legend → TouchPad/Pre 3(UK) → HTC One X → Nexus 4/iPad Mini → Pre 3/TouchPad Go
    only if it also support chinese input - otherwise I'd love to have it only if it's free
    Pre and Pixi have a physical keyboard....40 times better than graffiti. DO NOT WANT!
    I'm still using graffiti daily in my Palm Treo. I don't use an agenda or notepad, everything is in my palm. I would love a graffiti app for pre because I need to upgrade my phone...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast