1.    #1  
    Snooze Alternate Behavior

This patch alters the behavior of calendar reminders. There are 3 changes made:

1. Changes the default snooze time to 10 minutes instead of 5 minutes.

2. Eliminates the pop-up notification after you hit the snooze button that states "Snoozed for 5 minutes". Allowing you to move on with your work and not wait for it to clear.

3. Reverts the snooze behavior back to the previous way it worked and the way it worked in Palm OS, so that you can continually hit the snooze button over and over again (even after the event end time has past) for up to 36 hours. This is useful for people who like to add reminders that are only 30 minutes long but don't have a chance to complete them. It is annoying when the reminder clears itself after the event end time.
    [For example, you enter a 30 minute long calendar event to remind yourself to go Grocery shopping at 5pm when you think you will be on your way home from work. At 5pm your calendar notification alerts you to go grocery shopping. You are stuck at work, so you keep hitting snooze. Sometime after 6 when you finally leave work, you forget to go Grocery shopping because your reminder was cleared out after the event time ended at 5:30pm. This patch fixes all that!]

I am submitting this to Preware also.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by CraiaSoftware; 06/07/2010 at 11:55 AM.
    There's a MAC OS file in the folder, with another patch file in it. I assume that is a Mac version?
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by kristoffer10 View Post
    There's a MAC OS file in the folder, with another patch file in it. I assume that is a Mac version?
    I believe when you open up a zipped file on a PC that came from a Mac you will see that funny MAC OS file. All that is important is the .patch file.
    The calendar snooze duration already covers all of this but the notification.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by Lclarkjr View Post
    The calendar snooze duration already covers all of this but the notification.
    I know, and your patch is excellent! This patch is in case someone wants something simpler without snooze options. Just a simple quick snooze button with no bells and whistles (and banners).

Personally I use your patch. But for a long time I used this patch (you have made some great accomplishments with your Snooze Duration patch over the last few months and it works for my life style now, so thanks!)
    Quote Originally Posted by CraiaSoftware View Post
    I know, and your patch is excellent! This patch is in case someone wants something simpler without snooze options. Just a simple quick snooze button with no bells and whistles (and banners).

Personally I use your patch. But for a long time I used this patch (you have made some great accomplishments with your Snooze Duration patch over the last few months and it works for my life style now, so thanks!)
    Understand, just wanted to make sure you had seen it. Variety is a good thing.
    Is it possible to get the notification part alone? I'm happy with 5 minutes and the notification, but really annoyed with the 30 minute thing!
    This patch with only the 3rd feature from Post 1 would be most excellent.
    I would like to be able to use this with the Snooze Alternate Behavior patch, so that i can snooze current events to some future time.

I get an ipkg install error when i try to use the Calendar Snooze Duration Selection patch with the your patch (Snooze Alternate Behavior patch).

I also cross-posted this in the other patch's forum.

The log file from that install try is here:

begin
    Nothing Interesting.
    download
    % Total % Received % Xferd Average Speed Time Time Time Current
    10 11514 10 1189 0 0 550 0 0:00:20 0:00:02 0:00:18 610
    100 11514 100 11514 0 0 4482 0 0:00:02 0:00:02 --:--:-- 4895
    identify
    org.webosinternals.patches.calendar-snooze-alternate-behavior
    install
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, {"returnValue":true , "ticket":4, "subscribed":true}
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":4 , "status":"STARTING" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":4 , "status":"CREATE_TMP" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":4 , "status":"VERIFYING" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":4 , "status":"IPKG_INSTALL" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":4 , "status":"SUCCESS" }
    mkdir-prerm
    Nothing Interesting.
    install-prerm
    Nothing Interesting.
    postinst
    -1: Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps /bin/sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.patches.calendar-snooze-alternate-behavior.postinst 2>&1
    2 out of 3 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/controllers/reminder-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$
    remove
    Removing package org.webosinternals.patches.calendar-snooze-alternate-behavior from root...
    (offline root mode: not running org.webosinternals.patches.calendar-snooze-alternate-behavior.prerm)
    delete
    Nothing Interesting.
    failed
    Nothing Interesting.
    Can this patch be updated for 2.x? I tried to install with WSQI and it failed. This was one of my favorite patches on my Pre+.
  10.    #10  
    I have stopped all development on calendar patches as the calendar app in 2.0.1 doesn't work, period.

As soon as palm gets their act together and releases a working webOS that doesnt have MAJOR bugs, I can begin testing again. In the mean time, I'm ready to go back to 1.4.5 just so I can have a calendar!

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    I'm with you there! I'm currently carrying a Pixi with my sync'd calendar on it! Hopefully they will fix the bug so I can go back to one device. Good to know you're still around to update this.
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by broncot View Post
    Can this patch be updated for 2.x? I tried to install with WSQI and it failed. This was one of my favorite patches on my Pre+.
    All of this functionality exists in UberCalendar, and then some. Definitely works on 2.1.