Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I love the new Photo Effects Plus app, but sometimes it's a pain to have to close the camera, launch Photo Effects, and then open the photo...

So, I was wondering if there was any way to add a pop-up on a Photo (i.e. in addition to "send via email, send via SMS, etc) to add a "Send to Photo Effects Plus" option

If a developer wants to do this but doesn't have the app, I am willing to give a bounty (just like for save/restore scripts) for this. It's a 99 cents app, I will give a $5 bounty. Also, anyone can probably try this with the free "Lite" version of the app. I included links to both apps below

Photo Effects Plus - Palm USA | Palm webOS Applications | Mobile apps that go further.
    Photo Effects (Lite) - Palm USA | Palm webOS Applications | Mobile apps that go further.

FYI, per discussion with the developer of Photo Effects, he said that "if someone wants to write [a patch] I can add the required code to Photo Effects to allow the patch to pass a filename parameter."... So, anyone interested, please reach out to him at rustyapps@gmail.com!
    Thanks
    Adam
    Last edited by Audemars02; 06/02/2010 at 04:05 PM. Reason: Added info about conversation with developer
    I am the creator of the PalmSpot entry “webOS Does, and Does, and Does Some More”, writes Save/Restore scripts and helps manage the script feed, and now writes webOS Nation's Tip of the Day

Got a good tip for webOS Nation's Tip of the Day? Please send me a PM or use the Contact Us form and select "Suggest a tip"

Like any of my work:
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    + 1 for this patch
    +1

and add red eye repair...
  4.    #4  
    @shaun0207 or @Cantaffordit --

Interested in adding a few dollars to the bounty to sweeten the deal for this patch?
    I am the creator of the PalmSpot entry “webOS Does, and Does, and Does Some More”, writes Save/Restore scripts and helps manage the script feed, and now writes webOS Nation's Tip of the Day

Got a good tip for webOS Nation's Tip of the Day? Please send me a PM or use the Contact Us form and select "Suggest a tip"

Like any of my work:
  5.    #5  
    FYI -- I emailed the developer of Photo Effects about writing a patch and he said that while he is not knowledgeable enough about writing patches for webOS, "if someone wants to write one I can add the required code to Photo Effects to allow the patch to pass a filename parameter."...

So, anyone interested, please reach out to him at rustyapps@gmail.com

Thanks!
    Adam

Like any of my work:
  6.    #6  
    anyone? anyone? PLEASE?!?!

Like any of my work:
    i use this app. and hopefully a patch becomes available...
    My flickr Pictures taken by the Pre (pre plus and pre3)
    Hmm, I like the idea. I'll make 2 patches (to avoid the AUPT issue with cross-package patches). One to allow Photo Effects Plus to receive filenames in launch parameters and one to patch the Photos app. Then, once the dev incorporates the 1st one, it'll no longer be needed
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    Hmm, I like the idea. I'll make 2 patches (to avoid the AUPT issue with cross-package patches). One to allow Photo Effects Plus to receive filenames in launch parameters and one to patch the Photos app. Then, once the dev incorporates the 1st one, it'll no longer be needed
    Once again, you rule! And the $5 bounty is still out there for ya if you can get this done?

While you are at it, can you help out with this patch, too? http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...ay-option.html

Like any of my work:
    Here we go. Bit more work than expected, but it all worked out in the end

Attached are 4 patches. 2 for Photo Effects (free version), and 2 for Photo Effects Plus (paid).

Each pair consists of one patch for the Photo Effects app, to add the ability to receive launch parameters and to load specified images. The other patches the Photos application to add the "Send to Photo Effects" option in the Share popup.

Wanna make this clear, if you have the free version of the Photo Effects app, install the 2 patches aimed at that. If you have the Plus version, install those specific 2 patches. The free/paid patches will not mix well together, so be sure to keep things proper.

EDIT: Uploaded fixed "send to photo effects" patches.
    Last edited by Jason Robitaille; 07/11/2010 at 11:21 PM.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

Global Posts
    656 Global Posts
    Excellent! It works perfectly. Thanks for a great patch.

Reward doubled.

Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts.
    Jason you are the man. You came back refreshed and rejuvenated I see. Thanks.
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    Here we go. Bit more work than expected, but it all worked out in the end

Attached are 4 patches. 2 for Photo Effects (free version), and 2 for Photo Effects Plus (paid).
    Will test this out later tonight...if all works as expected, the bounty will be heading your way!

thanks so much!

Like any of my work:
    Global Posts
    351 Global Posts
    Great idea, thanks!

I'm hoping Palm does similar with their Facebook app since it allows you to add captions to photos sent to Facebook, but the default Photo app does not.
    Will these eventually make it in Preware or do I need to use WOSQI?
    Quote Originally Posted by palmuse View Post
    Will these eventually make it in Preware or do I need to use WOSQI?
    As with all my patches, this will eventually make it to the feed. In the meantime, WOSQI works just as well

Thanks, Jason. I have an old laptop so I try to avoid it when possible. Sometiems I can't wait though. Thanks for making this patch. I'll probably go w WOSQI.
    Global Posts
    492 Global Posts
    Works perfectly for me - thanks for this!
    @jason

I am not sure if i am the only one experiencing this but when i use your patch directly from the photo app and try to edit a picture, the photo effects plus app hangs on uploading... i tried waiting for like 30 mins but no dice. I tried doping the same thing but this time directly from the photo effects plus app and it went thru the uploading and downloading part pretty much quickly.

I am on my wifi network at home just so you know.

I installed both patches for the paid app. Was i suppose to install only one?

thanks for all your work
    My flickr Pictures taken by the Pre (pre plus and pre3)
    Global Posts
    656 Global Posts
    OK, it doesn't quite work perfectly yet. As johnj notes, the app hangs on upload. Like johnj, I'm on wifi so it's not a slow network issue.

Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast