Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Likewise, Photo Effects Plus is hanging on upload. It seems to pass the photo fine. Also, PE+ works fine by itself still. Only see the issue with a photo that has been passed to PE+.
    Hi guys. I discovered the issue. It was in the "Send to Photo Effects" patches.

I uploaded fixed "Send to Photo Effects" patches to the earlier post. Uninstall the previous ones then install the current ones
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
    Cool, thank! I'll be giving it a try right now.

All -- Note that the order of the patches n the original post changed. Pay attention to the names when downloading.
    I am getting an error on the install of 'photo-effects-plus-launch-handling.patch'.

I tool a screenshot of the error text in case it is useful.

EDIT: Found why the patch would not install. The app was missing. I redownloaded and will try to install again.

EDIT2: It works! Not sure why Photo Effects Plus was missing though. I used the uninstall from WOSQI only to remove the old patch.

Thanks for putting this together Jason!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by palmuse; 07/12/2010 at 12:17 AM.
    Global Posts
    656 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post

I uploaded fixed "Send to Photo Effects" patches to the earlier post. Uninstall the previous ones then install the current ones
    I installed the new patch (plus version). It installed cleanly and fixed the hang. Thanks!

Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts.
    Quote Originally Posted by palmuse View Post
    I am getting an error on the install of 'photo-effects-plus-launch-handling.patch'.

I tool a screenshot of the error text in case it is useful.

EDIT: Found why the patch would not install. The app was missing. I redownloaded and will try to install again.

EDIT2: It works! Not sure why Photo Effects Plus was missing though. I used the uninstall from WOSQI only to remove the old patch.

Thanks for putting this together Jason!
    \\Got this message too!
    My flickr Pictures taken by the Pre (pre plus and pre3)
  7.    #27  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post

Thanks! They work great! I just sent over a $5 donation (as promised).

Now, I have one more request for you, and will put up another $5 bounty on this one. Is there any way to also put in a "send to photo effects" option when viewing a picture in a text message? I get a lot of pics that are not rotated properly sent via text, and even with this current patch, i would still need to "copy to photos", open up the photos app, select the photo, send to photo effects (or of course, just open up photo effects in the first place...

either way, it would be great to get a pic via SMS, then select an option to "copy to photo effects" directly from the messaging app. is this possible?
    I am the creator of the PalmSpot entry “webOS Does, and Does, and Does Some More”, writes Save/Restore scripts and helps manage the script feed, and now writes webOS Nation's Tip of the Day

Got a good tip for webOS Nation's Tip of the Day? Please send me a PM or use the Contact Us form and select "Suggest a tip"

Like any of my work:
    Global Posts
    492 Global Posts
    I got the same error as palmuse initially too.

Turns out I had the exact same problem - by removing the previous versions of the patches (via Preware in my case), Photo Effects Plus had been removed. After redownloading from the App Catalog, the updated patch installed fine.
    Global Posts
    656 Global Posts
    Ah. I see why I didn't encounter the error. I deleted only the bad patch via Preware, not both patches. Mystery (at least that mystery) solved.

Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts.
    Quote Originally Posted by StevenX View Post
    I got the same error as palmuse initially too.

Turns out I had the exact same problem - by removing the previous versions of the patches (via Preware in my case), Photo Effects Plus had been removed. After redownloading from the App Catalog, the updated patch installed fine.

same here
    My flickr Pictures taken by the Pre (pre plus and pre3)
    Global Posts
    492 Global Posts
    Just to report this is still working on 1.4.5.

After the OTA update, the patch didn't work anymore, so I uninstalled via Preware. When I tried to reinstall I ran into the error with Photo Effects Plus having been uninstalled by uninstallation of the patches, but after reinstalling that, the patches installed and worked fine again.
    Quote Originally Posted by StevenX View Post
    Just to report this is still working on 1.4.5.

After the OTA update, the patch didn't work anymore, so I uninstalled via Preware. When I tried to reinstall I ran into the error with Photo Effects Plus having been uninstalled by uninstallation of the patches, but after reinstalling that, the patches installed and worked fine again.
    Just so you know, the proper process for .patch files after an OTA updates, is to go into WebOSQuickInstall's Tweaks section. WOSQI would detect the version change and would uninstall the out-of-date .patch files for you, then attempt to reinstall the .patch files.

And I'm not sure why uninstallation would also remove Photo Effects Plus. WOSQI uses the normal AUPT scripts, so possibly an issue with AUPT and user-installed apps.
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
    Global Posts
    182 Global Posts
    After to latest update to Photoeffects+ I tried to send a photo it opened the program but never opened the file.
    I then noticed that you had updated to patch a few hours after the original upload (but after I had downloaded them original) so I decided to upgrade.
    Upon doing so, the "Photo Launch Handling" Patch refuses to install. Tried internalz and WebOSQI even after removal of the original install and reboot of the device.

Global Posts
    200 Global Posts
    Hi, are these patches in Preware? I cannot seem to find them...
    thanks,
    Toby.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12