1.    #1  
    if I recall correctly the pre has a light sensor that can turn the screen brightness up or down based on ambient lighting. Id like a way to disable this. I hate my screen being lower lit and next use being super bright in the same environment.
    @agentmock

Audiovox SMT5600 (WM) --> Cingular 8125 (WM) --> Sprint Mogul 8525 (WM) --> Palm Pre (webOS)- --> Sprint Franken Pre2 (webOS) + 32gb Touchpad (webOS)
    +1

I can't say I've ever seen any consistancy in how it sets brightness.
    I think there's a glitch with that. I'll be in the dark and I have it on the lowest darkness setting, but if you open it too fast or something it goes on FULL brightness which is really annoying. It happens in any lighting.
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    We always prefer that people donate in response to tangible items they can use today, rather than for intangible promises about the future that may or may not be possible to achieve.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by DrHeathenScum View Post
    +1

I can't say I've ever seen any consistancy in how it sets brightness.
    yup, it friggin annoys me

im sitting here on my couch, get an email, check it, screen brightness is lower lit how I like it

2 minutes later, get another email, grab the phone, the thing is on 5 mil candle watt mode blinding me

nothing changed in the environment, just the phone being goofy and annoying
    @agentmock

Audiovox SMT5600 (WM) --> Cingular 8125 (WM) --> Sprint Mogul 8525 (WM) --> Palm Pre (webOS)- --> Sprint Franken Pre2 (webOS) + 32gb Touchpad (webOS)
    yea cant a patch just disable it i hate that light sensor its more like a frustration actuator then a light sensor
    +1

I agree completely. Mine hasn't always done it, but it seems like either 1.4 or 1.4.1.1 freaked out my light sensor and it will constantly vary the brightness of the screen when I'm indoors at seemingly random times. I'd love to be able to disable it and just have a constant brightness.
    Quote Originally Posted by themirthfulswami View Post
    +1

I agree completely. Mine hasn't always done it, but it seems like either 1.4 or 1.4.1.1 freaked out my light sensor and it will constantly vary the brightness of the screen when I'm indoors at seemingly random times. I'd love to be able to disable it and just have a constant brightness.

same here. +1
    Global Posts
    186 Global Posts
    Yes, please. That sensor is worse than useless.