1.    #1  
    I usually like to use the phone app to look up my contacts since I don't have to open two apps. It would be nice if it opened to contacts everytime.
    How about changing the contacts icon to look like the phone icon
    Last edited by NachoB; 06/01/2010 at 06:49 AM.
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
  3.    #3  
    You always have something to say about my requests. I really don't want to slide open the phone to search for contacts. I would rather tap one button and scroll.
    Quote Originally Posted by sothrowd08 View Post
    You always have something to say about my requests. I really don't want to slide open the phone to search for contacts. I would rather tap one button and scroll.
    He was just trying to help you out by pointing out features that you may not know exist.

So, why not just open the Contacts app? You won't need to open the phone to call someone once you find their entry.
  5.    #5  
    Well I understand the functionality of the phone, but I just like to be able to have it open up to contacts instead of the dialpad.
    Oh ok. We were just trying to help.

I wonder if someone around here would be willing to make a patch to fit your needs. We have a lot of talented people here at Pre|Central.
  7.    #7  
    I appreciate it, and I understand that y'all are trying to help.
  8.    #8  
    lol. Well the main reason behind wanting this patch is that I don't have to have both my phone app and contacts app in the launcher bar the same time. I am trying to free up space so that I can put something else up.If it was a perfect world, I would like to have that launcher icon vanish, but I hear that it is impossible.
    I'm still confused; if you always call from your contacts then why not launch the contact app and go from there? Also, if you had a patch that would always launch contacts from the phone app, then how would you access your dialpad if you needed it?
    Let me get this straight... You want to touch the phone icon and have it open your contacts app? Why not just touch the contacts icon?

I really dont get the point of this thread.

If you dont want both icons in the launcher then just remove the phone icon and use the contacts icon exclusively? Then you could put whatever other icon you want there.
    Please hit the thanks button if I helped you

If you've enjoyed my patches please feel free to donate towards further development.

Follow the link below.

just change the contacts app icon to the phone icon

seems pretty simple to me
  12.    #12  
    for anyone who doesn't understand. In the phone app on the dailpad there should be a contacts icon in the top right. It lists all of your contacts while you stay in the phone app. It would be easier to tap the phone app, scroll to the name and tap to call instead of opening the contacts app, tapping the name and tapping the phone number to bring up another app. It is also easier than sliding the keyboard open to search. You can go back to the dial pad by tapping on the contacts icon again.
    no offense dude but you care way too much about this dude's dumb functionality requests

but to me the beauty of webos is that everyone can have the phone they want

even this guy
  14.    #14  
    Look at it this way. There is a patch that allows your launcher to default on the first page every time. Sure it is so easy to swipe left a few times to get there, but it is the principle of having it start where you want it to. There is a patch that starts the calender in week or month view. Sure it is so easy to tap one button to get there. The great part of having web os is that we can make apps start up the way we want to. You can talk all the **** you want to, but in my opinion, I like the idea. I think it is pretty ****ty of you to be a smart *** instead of trying to help. Especially when your intentions are to **** me off. It is not a big deal to me if no one makes a patch for this, but it is a big deal when you trash the thread with being a smart ***.
    OK no I understand (sort of) You say you dont want to open the slider correct? w/ this, if you have maybe 100 contacts or less I might could see it but I personally have 500+ and the scrolling would most definitely be time prohibitive.
    Also like cantaffordit said you will have a hard time (unless you learn to do this yourself) getting anyone to do this as it seems just not worth the effort for the amount of people who will use it.
    Not to mention as a patch dev myself patches are pretty easy to create, its the constant updating after every ota. Believe me the phone app always requires updating of the patches due to Palm constantly working on the phone app.

IMHO just use the slider!
    Please hit the thanks button if I helped you

If you've enjoyed my patches please feel free to donate towards further development.

Follow the link below.

Wow. Good luck in your search.
  17.    #17  
    well I give up. If only the virtual keyboard can be brought up in the main screen so that I can search contacts without opening the slider.
    The VKB will show on the main screen as long as you swipe your launcher up first.
    Quote Originally Posted by sothrowd08 View Post
    for anyone who doesn't understand. In the phone app on the dailpad there should be a contacts icon in the top right. It lists all of your contacts while you stay in the phone app. It would be easier to tap the phone app, scroll to the name and tap to call instead of opening the contacts app, tapping the name and tapping the phone number to bring up another app. It is also easier than sliding the keyboard open to search. You can go back to the dial pad by tapping on the contacts icon again.
    in the upper right hand corner of the dialpad there is a button that will take you to contacts. its that pointer thing with an x on it in the number area. it aonly shows up when that area is blank though.