1.    #1  
    Is anyone else having a speaker volume issue after the wed os 1.4.1 update. My ear piece volume is fine, my head phone volume is fine but my speaker volume is so faint I almost can't make it out. I was able to use the mp3 gain to make my ring tones louder but having the system volume so low is annoying and it was fine before the update. Is there a patch to correct this problem?
    Last edited by Pherbirt; 05/31/2010 at 01:50 AM. Reason: clarification
    Quote Originally Posted by Pherbirt View Post
    Is anyone else having a speaker volume issue after the wed os 1.4.1 update. My ear piece volume is fine, my head phone volume is fine but my speaker volume is so faint I almost can't make it out. I was able to use the mp3 gain to make my ring tones louder but having the system volume so low is annoying and it was fine before the update. Is there a patch to correct this problem?
    It depends how much you are exaggerating the point (no offence intended) - if your speaker genuinely is so faint you almost can't make it out then it sounds to me like a (fairly common) hardware issue - a number of people have reported their loud speakers failing due, I think, to a bad batch from Palm.

You'd be best served returning it to your carrier, or if they won't take it, claim on the manufacturer's warranty.

I can't say that I noticed any difference in speaker volume when making the jump from one firmware to the other.

Good luck,
    errade
  3.    #3  
    Well to put it in perspective if I play a song over the speaker you can make out the song but you really have to struggle. The little dong that you get when with a text message is completely silent and the key beeps are there, but faint. The key beep volume is normal if I plug my head phones in.

It could be a bad speaker. I find it hard to believe that the speaker blew at exactly the same time I updated to 1.4.1. It is possible though.
    I agree the speaker volume is too low
    good shere to all.