Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast
    this may be a stupid question but how the hell do you adjust this patch,(btw) its a very good one, i dont have any problem but i would like to see whats the difference in ver
  2. ght
    Global Posts
    886 Global Posts
    I don't suppose there is any way to write this patch (and yes, I'm fishing for someone to do it here, as I know squat about writing patches) so that there is an adjustment available in a menu somewhere? Maybe included in Quick System Tasks?
  3.    #163  
    how the hell do you adjust this patch
    Open .patch file in notepad

adjustment available in a menu somewhere
    I don't know for sure, but probably it's impossible as of now, correct me if I am wrong.
    This patch is an excellent idea, but it really slowed down my touchscreen responsiveness. Had to tap twice or three times to activate buttons and icons. I removed it and back to normal. Perhaps a patch with 15-20 pixel radius or something?
    Quote Originally Posted by chizler View Post
    This patch is an excellent idea, but it really slowed down my touchscreen responsiveness. Had to tap twice or three times to activate buttons and icons. I removed it and back to normal. Perhaps a patch with 15-20 pixel radius or something?
    There are already 8, 10, 12, 15 versions in the first post. These may be installed via your PC with webOS Quick Install.

The reduced responsiveness is really puzzling as I am operating on 8 (=64) with absolutely no problems.
  6. R_E
    Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    Ok, so i dont seem to have too much of a problem with tapping, but it seems double tapping is very difficult. I tend to double tap to zoom in the browser (because it only requires one hand as opposed to pinch) and it frequently interprets it as a single tap. I have two hypotheses for this:
    1) its more difficult to quickly tap twice and one tap is registering as a scroll
    2) because of the smaller radius, the taps are more accurate and being registered in different places. it seems the two taps need to be in the same place for the double tap to register.

If one is true i just need to adjust the size of the patch, but it 2 is true, is there a setting to adjust the double tap radius?
    I have been waiting for this patch for a long time. Thanks OP
    Is the 12px version not making it to Preware?
    Quote Originally Posted by donnydonny View Post
    Is the 12px version not making it to Preware?
    I needs to be resubmitted with the same name like the others that are already in preware, and the correct forum thread link.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Global Posts
    91 Global Posts
    I had issues with tapping and double tapping as well. At least with the 10pt one anyways. I will try another shortly. Using the launcher and checking notifications was next to impossible with it on. I removed it and instantly it was back to normal. I did like the benefit of it in the browser (except for dbl tap anyways). Hopefully 12 or 15pt will be the sweet spot. Thanks for the work.
    Quote Originally Posted by neoncorey View Post
    I had issues with tapping and double tapping as well. At least with the 10pt one anyways. I will try another shortly. Using the launcher and checking notifications was next to impossible with it on. I removed it and instantly it was back to normal. I did like the benefit of it in the browser (except for dbl tap anyways). Hopefully 12 or 15pt will be the sweet spot. Thanks for the work.
    I had the same issue with the 10px patch and narrowed it down to how it is that I touched the screen. 12px works perfectly for me. I don't really notice a difference between 15px and without the patch.
    8px and 15px is Now in Preware, 8px seems to work perfect with same responsiveness... Great addition
    i was using the 10px and the responsiveness was awesome but tapping on anything took like 2-3 taps, tried the 8px and even more responsive but was worse on tapping, now im using the 15px and its the sweet spot for me, no more 2-3 tapping problems
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

Agreed. 15px is the only way to fly. Accurate tapping and fast response to scrolling. Blows away the default!

M.
    Another vote for 15. I was double tapping too much with 10 and had trouble with my drop down menus./
    I recently Doctored my phone and this patch was one of the first that I reinstalled. I was disappointed that my previous good tap response seemed to have disappeared. That leads me to believe that one of my previously installed patches helps with tap response. Having installed most of my previous patches, I am now back to reasonable tap performance. The improvement seemed to correspond to reinstalling the Faster Card Animations patch. It could have been pure coincidence, so the question is, do people having tap problems with smaller radii have the Faster Card Animations patch installed, and vice versa?
    Last edited by johncc; 06/08/2010 at 07:28 AM.
    This patch is awesome, really reduces scrolling lag as well as pinch to zoom, its all alot snappier! Thanks

@johncc I have faster card animations installed and I do not have any "tapping" problems
    Quote Originally Posted by sburlbaw View Post
    This patch is awesome, really reduces scrolling lag as well as pinch to zoom, its all alot snappier! Thanks

@johncc I have faster card animations installed and I do not have any "tapping" problems
    The theory looks good so far.
    15px is awesome. work great tapping and scrolling. Nice patch.
    Holy ****, someone actually did this. Thank you.

Palm said they had a solution ready 6 months ago. So much for that!
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast