Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Jakeeeee View Post
    TapRadiusSquared=625
    +TapRadiusSquared=100

DoubleClickDuration=300

Could we make that 625 any bigger or something? That's what I'm wondering. Also what would happen if it was a number that wasn't a square root?
    Try it out and tell us what happens ...

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Try it out and tell us what happens ...

-- Rod

I'll let someone dip their toes into that pool.
    We always prefer that people donate in response to tangible items they can use today, rather than for intangible promises about the future that may or may not be possible to achieve.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jakeeeee View Post
    Could we make that 625 any bigger or something?
    Drag radius is the square-root of the number 625 -> 25. I don't think that you want to increase the drag radius, do you?
    Quote Originally Posted by 2sslow View Post
    this made my pre very buggy when it comes to touching links, etc. Maybe I'll revisit this later when some other options are availble in PreWare
    It's a one line patch which changes a value from 625 to 100 (25 to 10). There isn't anything else to tweak other than the number of pixels.

-- Rod
    Damn man you are way too literal. I edited my statement.
    Please hit the thanks button if I helped you

If you've enjoyed my patches please feel free to donate towards further development.

Follow the link below.

welp looks like I'll be de-stocking my replacement pre after several months of that good stock feeling.

welcome back homebrew.
    Global Posts
    331 Global Posts
    I ended up removing the patch. With the patch installed (stock from preware), pressing the up arrow on the launcher registers, but does not bring up the application list. I did this several times and each time it registers but will not bring up the application list. I even restarted my ATT Pre Plus and made no difference. After removing the patch, the application list comes up each time. I guess there is a good reason Palm chose a certain setting... .
    Wow, I thought that was a hardware limitation. Amazing that this was fixable in a patch! And amazing it's not a permanent feature of webOS
    Global Posts
    621 Global Posts
    sooby77 i'd suggest making it something like 15, it would prevent that prob.

basically the patch is likely taking your tap as a drag because of the 10px thing. if you make it a little bigger (but still less than 25) i'd say you'd get a good result.

i found a couple of times tapping the top icon in launcher would actually become a dragging. think i'm used to it now.
    I don't see much of a difference in half of the apps including browser or launcher, but others scroll really well now. It's not causing any problems for me tho
    Wow... I don't know if this is the placebo effect. I feel like the Calendar is an entirely new application.
  11.    #111  
    I'll submit various sized patches later today
    Quote Originally Posted by 2sslow View Post
    Damn man you are way too literal. I edited my statement.
    I find touching my icons a little unresponsive... I don't know about this patch yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by rush View Post
    I find touching my icons a little unresponsive... I don't know about this patch yet.
    Indeed, it is something of a double edged sword. But overall I think I prefer it with the patch on.
    Quote Originally Posted by rush View Post
    I agree, that's why I'm not using this. If it was 15 and not 10 I'd use it. Having it at 10 makes it want to scroll too easily.

M.
    15 is working good for me and my fat thumbs

Haven't tried anything between 10 and 15 yet, but I probably will to find the sweet spot for me.
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
    Quote Originally Posted by Xanadu73 View Post
    I agree, that's why I'm not using this. If it was 15 and not 10 I'd use it. Having it at 10 makes it want to scroll too easily.

M.
    I suspect we'll need a number of sizes for different sized and angled fingers ...

-- Rod
    I suspect we'll need a number of sizes for different sized and angled fingers ...

-- Rod
    Well, I'm a pretty scrawny person so aiming at tiny links isn't the issue. The issue is I drink a lot of coffee...

:-)

M.
    The original 10px is working great for me! Great patch!
    Follow me on teh Twitterz
  19.    #119  
    Updated first post with patches for different finger/radius sizez. Submitted to preware as well. Waiting approval. Have fun!

Ryhor
    Last edited by ahsirg; 06/01/2010 at 10:44 AM.
    Global Posts
    331 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bennish View Post
    sooby77 i'd suggest making it something like 15, it would prevent that prob.

basically the patch is likely taking your tap as a drag because of the 10px thing. if you make it a little bigger (but still less than 25) i'd say you'd get a good result.

i found a couple of times tapping the top icon in launcher would actually become a dragging. think i'm used to it now.
    Once it's available in preware, I'll be sure to give that a shot! Thanks for the explanations!