Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
Results 81 to 100 of 192
  1. #81  
    Quote Originally Posted by princechrm1 View Post
    Mind if i ask but how can i reduce the radius myself
    Download the file in the original post, open it with Microsoft Notepad, and change the '100' to a perfect square number less than 100(so 81, 64, 49, 36 etc.), then save as all files and make sure you save it as .patch
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    We always prefer that people donate in response to tangible items they can use today, rather than for intangible promises about the future that may or may not be possible to achieve.
  2. #82  
    makes it easier to scroll, but harder for my fat fingers to click on some links...
  3. #83  
    Love it! Thanks.
  4. #84  
    Hey!

    I think is a bit too sensitive. I'm thinking 15 might be perfect.


    M.
  5. #85  
    this patch ROCKS MY SOCKS!

    +1 FTW!
  6. #86  
    Excellent improvement! Works great; Improves response for the First Person Shooter games immensely. Big difference when Unlocking my phone now much smoother… Thanks ahsirg for this great find/fix.
  7. #87  
    Great Patch. This Patch Fixes Aot Of The Frustrations I Had With Scrolling. It Even Works Beautifully With Games. I Always Had Problems With The Mini Golf Game Because The Lag Didn't Let Me Aim As Precise As I Wanted. Now It's Spot On. THANX!
    Last edited by PJaE00; 05/31/2010 at 07:45 PM.
  8. #88  
    Fantastic! This has helped tremendously with one particular app I use inside Classic, Pleco. Pleco is a Chinese dictionary that includes one mode in which you can draw in the characters. The 25 pixel radius made this very difficult, but now the characters I draw actually look like real Chinese characters, not dots and scribbles.
  9. #89  
    OMG this patch rocks. Thanks!
  10. #90  
    yeah i changed it to 15...much better, still responsive...still cant believe how good nova and YT scrubbing is.
  11. #91  
    this was the single greatest thing ive done to my pre since I got it 08/09

    thanks!
    @agentmock

    Audiovox SMT5600 (WM) --> Cingular 8125 (WM) --> Sprint Mogul 8525 (WM) --> Palm Pre (webOS)- --> Sprint Franken Pre2 (webOS) + 32gb Touchpad (webOS)
  12. #92  
    this made my pre very buggy when it comes to touching links, etc. Maybe I'll revisit this later when some more tweaks are done
    Please hit the thanks button if I helped you

    If you've enjoyed my patches please feel free to donate towards further development.

    Follow the link below.


  13. bennish's Avatar
    Posts
    584 Posts
    Global Posts
    621 Global Posts
    #93  
    i know it's easy to reduce the radius yourself, but have you thought of just making a few variation patches?

    8px
    10px
    12px
    15px

    ? i think it might be useful, especially for people getting it thru preware (personally i'm a webosqi kinda guy, but still).

    I'm thinking of trying mine at 12 or 15.
  14. #94  
    Quote Originally Posted by 2sslow View Post
    this made my pre very buggy when it comes to touching links, etc. Maybe I'll revisit this later when some more tweaks are done
    It's a one line patch which changes a value from 625 to 100 (25 to 10). There isn't anything else to tweak other than the number of pixels.

    -- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  15. #95  
    I tried it out on 5px.
    Tapping on icons takes a few times.
    Scrolling is as smooth as butter.
    Is there a way to leave tap radius at 10px and when it recognizes scrolling to go to 5px?


    Edit: Pinch to zoom is much nicer in the browser, on par or above iPhone.
    Last edited by Kiyo; 05/31/2010 at 07:44 PM. Reason: forgot some details
  16. #96  
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiyo View Post
    I tried it out on 5px.
    Tapping on icons takes a few times.
    Scrolling is as smooth as butter.
    Is there a way to leave tap radius at 10px and when it recognizes scrolling to go to 5px?


    Edit: Pinch to zoom is much nicer in the browser, on par or above iPhone.
    Yeah that would be essential. I'm on 10px for scrolling and I sometimes have to tap on an icon twice. I'd like the tapping to be the same as it was in 25px but scrolling to be like 5px.
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    We always prefer that people donate in response to tangible items they can use today, rather than for intangible promises about the future that may or may not be possible to achieve.
  17. drvon#AC's Avatar
    Posts
    67 Posts
    Global Posts
    72 Global Posts
    #97  
    So far this patch is working great, I will let you know if I see any bugs.

    Top shelf, top shelf ;-)
  18. #98  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jakeeeee View Post
    Yeah that would be essential. I'm on 10px for scrolling and I sometimes have to tap on an icon twice. I'd like the tapping to be the same as it was in 25px but scrolling to be like 5px.


    I think it's just a matter of becoming accustomed to having to have a more accurate tap, after a few minutes of playing around I am getting better at tapping icons. I am going to test scrolling at 5px and below and try to see if there is any big difference.
  19. #99  
    Quote Originally Posted by bennish View Post
    i know it's easy to reduce the radius yourself, but have you thought of just making a few variation patches?

    8px
    10px
    12px
    15px

    ? i think it might be useful, especially for people getting it thru preware (personally i'm a webosqi kinda guy, but still).

    I'm thinking of trying mine at 12 or 15.
    Yep, that's basically the single point of variation that is possible.

    Everyone asking for other features or changes should realise this patch is a single line change in a configuration file for a closed Palm binary. You get to choose the number of pixels, and that's it.

    -- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  20. #100  
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Yep, that's basically the single point of variation that is possible.

    Everyone asking for other features or changes should realise this patch is a single line change in a configuration file for a closed Palm binary. You get to choose the number of pixels, and that's it.

    -- Rod
    TapRadiusSquared=625
    +TapRadiusSquared=100

    DoubleClickDuration=300

    Could we make that 625 any bigger or something? That's what I'm wondering. Also what would happen if it was a number that wasn't a square root?
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    We always prefer that people donate in response to tangible items they can use today, rather than for intangible promises about the future that may or may not be possible to achieve.

Posting Permissions