Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    oh..my gosh...i didnt realise.

this patch makes FPS games freakin amazing..not jerky or anything. I LOVE YOUU

though i agree that pressing the notification icons is a tad difficult could you put 12px and 15 on the first post so people can find one that works best for them?
    Global Posts
    621 Global Posts
    This is the BEST PATCH EVER.

This single-handedly makes the pre feel faster!

If palm released an update with JUST the 25px changed to 10px, it would get rave reviews for perceived speed increases.
    [twitter]_____[blog]______[im]__
    For now: Nexus One | iPad 2
    When avail. in Aus: Pre3 16GB | Touchpad 16GB

This is a forum for WebOS enthusiasts. It is not a place for negative rants about Palm, HP or WebOS.
    Criticism is important but so is a positive environment. Remember, we're here because we love WebOS.
    I love this patch too. I tried changing it to 8 or 9, but 10 does seem to work best for me. Good job whoever came up with the idea for this patch!
    Thanks so much Ahsirg!
    As others have said, my initial feelings were of awe and slight disappointment--at Palm. As in, this is so mind-boggingly better AND why in the world did Palm not do this...?
    But as a few peple are starting to bring up, maybe it's not so black and white though. Anywho, I'm amazed. It's only been minutes, but 10px seems great to me so far. An immeasurable improvement.
    Quote Originally Posted by ryran View Post
    Thanks so much Ahsirg!
    As others have said, my initial feelings were of awe and slight disappointment--at Palm. As in, this is so mind-boggingly better AND why in the world did Palm not do this...?
    But as a few peple are starting to bring up, maybe it's not so black and white though. Anywho, I'm amazed. It's only been minutes, but 10px seems great to me so far. An immeasurable improvement.
    Most of the queries seem to be from those who have gone below ahsirg's recommended 10 pixels. Although I don't seem to have any problems myself at 8.
    Quote Originally Posted by kel101 View Post
    oh..my gosh...i didnt realise.

this patch makes FPS games freakin amazing..not jerky or anything. I LOVE YOUU

though i agree that pressing the notification icons is a tad difficult could you put 12px and 15 on the first post so people can find one that works best for them?
    The framework is already there, simply change the value 100. Download and use Notepad++ to edit the patch.

11px = 121
    12px = 144
    13px = 169
    14px = 196
    15px = 225
    Haven't tried it yet,but sounds awesome. Thanks in advance. Palm need to be reading these things that people on precentral.net comes up with. You guys rock.
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    I notice a huge difference when trying to move the slider to an exact spot in the video player.
    Wow the side effects of this patch are amazing. If there are any Poker Drops players out there, give it a shot after installing this patch! It makes the game feel so much less glitchy when you're dragging across the cards (the line connecting them appears so much faster and the accuracy is slightly better).

Amazing patch!
    A must have enhancement! 10px is the sweet spot for me. No control issues with notification icons or small screen objects. An awesome thing is the ease at which you can manipulate images now. I can also tap locate the cursor while editing text with more precision. Cursor scrolling with the Option button is improved as well. I can confirm what others are saying in that many of the laggy behaviours I previously perceived as being process related are actually gone now. I think quality of life went up a notch too

I'm also wondering how Palm arrived at 25px after usability testing. It might have been a better idea if they included a sensitivity adjustment control and even a calibration wizard that ran the user through some fun little challenges to find their own sweet spot.

Regardless ahsirg, I hope you're about to be famous. Good Work!

Update: OMG go to card view and slide your open cards around! I'll shut up now.
    Last edited by TeamKillerJKFFL; 05/31/2010 at 08:51 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by TeamKillerJKFFL View Post
    A must have enhancement! 10px is the sweet spot for me. No control issues with notification icons or small screen objects. An awesome thing is the ease at which you can manipulate images now. I can also tap locate the cursor while editing text with more precision. Cursor scrolling with the Option button is improved as well. I can confirm what others are saying in that many of the laggy behaviours I previously perceived as being process related are actually gone now. I think quality of life went up a notch too

I'm also wondering how Palm arrived at 25px after usability testing. It might have been a better idea if they included a sensitivity adjustment control and even a calibration wizard that ran the user through some fun little challenges to find their own sweet spot.

Regardless ahsirg, I hope you're about to be famous. Good Work!

Update: OMG go to card view and slide your open cards around! I'll shut up now.

This is actually a really neat idea. If Palm can get some calibration down for users to use to get their sweet spot, it'd be perfect!
    Samsung A850< Sanyo Katana< Palm Centro< Samsung Instinct< Palm Pre

<-Daft Punk in the Avatar!
    Global Posts
    192 Global Posts
    wow. just wow. This is the superior scrolling experience I get when I use the iPhone. I always thought it was because the hardware was just better. Its shocking its just a setting in the software. Maybe there is something in the UI research that Apple does ...

Anyway, thanks for the wonderful patch!

Like sjsamphex said: I can scroll while editing text with more precision. I can now consistently move just one letter if I want to. This was so frustrating earlier.
    Last edited by veerar; 05/31/2010 at 09:31 AM. Reason: Added scrolling behaviour comment.
    Love it.
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    We always prefer that people donate in response to tangible items they can use today, rather than for intangible promises about the future that may or may not be possible to achieve.
    Global Posts
    179 Global Posts
    just downloaded from preware - as others have said here, it's a very noticeable improvement. Really can't understand what palm was thinking with this one.. Awesome patch!
    It's kinda fun setting the value to 9 - incredibly responsive touchscreen but naturally only about 60% of taps work correctly. N.O.V.A is just fantastic on this setting though
    This is freakin' awesome! I thought that this lag was due to the lack of OpenGL support. Wow!

One question though, is there a reason why this patch doesn't seem to have any affect in the launcher? I still notice the 25px "lag" in the launcher, but the 10px rocks in every other app.

OK, another question. Would it be possible to make an app for this (instead of being a patch) that would give users a GUI to change the pixel radius themselves?
    Last edited by donnydonny; 05/31/2010 at 11:31 AM.
    Love this patch, talk about a simple tweak making all the difference!
    Phone felt slower until i realized i hadn't opened gonav to make it 800mhz again.. lol...

This makes it so much better.

op, please update the original post letting users know it's now on preware...

at the very top of your post have it:

Update: Now in preeware!

Seriously, don't know what palm was thinking...
    Thank you so much. It makes scrolling much better without the initial jerk!

One question though: while you are scrolling, it is still not as smooth as iPhone or Hero (for example). It still has the "jerkiness". I am not talking about the initial one before the patch, it is the continuous stutters throughout the scrolling experience. Is there a delay setting somewhere which makes it like this. I hope you know what I am talking about.
    Mind if i ask but how can i reduce the radius myself
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast