Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    Forgive my ignorance, how do you install a patch outside of Preware?
    Quote Originally Posted by BeeRad View Post
    Does anybody get the feeling that with current hardware quality (let's be real, it's not stellar but sorta "ok") and the fact that we the PEOPLE (devs, etc) keep finding ways to make webOS better.....we are all just beta testers on dev phones and we all are in a way making webOS evolve into something awesome and 2.0 OS and 2.0 hardware will be crazy good?

4x4 icons, glass effect, battery percentage, reduced drag radius etc. etc. etc. \m/
    We need to get Palm to absorb all these patches and BOOM - WebOS 2.0
    Quote Originally Posted by joshua.cummings View Post
    Forgive my ignorance, how do you install a patch outside of Preware?
    Just download the patch and load it into WebOS Quick Install (you probably used this to install preware).
    for some reason I need to press the luncher button like three times to open the luncher menu
    is their a way to fix this I love how smooth this patch made my pre scrolls
    Quote Originally Posted by Ezero0065 View Post
    for some reason I need to press the luncher button like three times to open the luncher menu
    This is happening only after adding the patch? That's really strange. If you wanted, you could get used to just sliding up from the gesture bar to open up the launcher. In my opinion, that's easier and faster.
    Samsung A850< Sanyo Katana< Palm Centro< Samsung Instinct< Palm Pre

<-Daft Punk in the Avatar!
    Try a quick tap, straight down and up. Or maybe edit the patch and increase it to a 15px radius (225) and see if that works better for you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ezero0065 View Post
    Did that predate the patch? I don't have that problem at all. (even using the flat area of my thumb for maximum area)
    Global Posts
    444 Global Posts
    Wow. This patch kind of depresses me. I had always thought the lag had to do with hardware limitations. Now I find out its a minor software adjustment to make scrolling zippy, like on the iphone.

The patch is amazing.

Many thanks!
    hmm okay I'll try to edit to 12 or 15 see it that works
    patch sounds great. Looking forward to it in preware
    Adjusted mine to 8px (64 instead of 100).
    Does anyone know how the pre differs from the iphone in terms of this touch radius?
    NY Giants fan?

Check out my Facebook Group! - Big Blue (NY Giants) which just passed 11,000 members
    and newly formed Fan Page
    So do you only need to change 100 to 64 to change it to 8px
    Quote Originally Posted by 1country View Post
    So do you only need to change 100 to 64 to change it to 8px
    That's it.
    this does make it kind of difficult to touch the messaging or email small notifications, but I can live w/ that for the benifits
    Please hit the thanks button if I helped you

If you've enjoyed my patches please feel free to donate towards further development.

Follow the link below.

Makes double tapping in Free Klondike difficult as well.
  16.    #56  
    Glad to see it works pretty much. Submitted to Preware, waiting for approval.

About the launcher icon - I couldn't press it with 8px so I put 10 and I feel OK. If one's hands are shaky then you might want to set 12px or 15px. :-)

About the iphone. I played with mine and it seems to have a radius of about 5px, BUT. pixels on the iphone are much bigger, the screen is glass and totally flat, which makes it easier to tap and not to slide at the same time.
    Would you mind telling me what file you edited and line it's on? Saves me from looking for it. Then I can test out different px settings myself. Thanks for the patch!
    The water was cold so I came back <3
    Quote Originally Posted by AdmiralRaptor View Post
    Would you mind telling me what file you edited and line it's on? Saves me from looking for it. Then I can test out different px settings myself. Thanks for the patch!
    There's no need to re-create the patch from scratch - if you want to edit a patch yourself then just download and install Notepad++. Open the patch in Notepad++ and you can tweak it to suit your personal preferences (it'll also display the path to the file that was changed which in this case was /etc/palm/luna.conf).
    Thanks I never knew of such a thing! I was just wondering the other day about a program to open the patch files, etc. but was too busy to worry about it.
    The water was cold so I came back <3
    this sounds great, can't wait to try it.. Might make it 12 since my fingers suck..
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast