Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Try moving the slider in the youtube app for ex, it now moves instantly.

ahsirg, I love this patch!
    I think we can make it even better, what if we can change the event handler to recognize press down as drag and a release within a certain radius as tap.
    Global Posts
    91 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ericizzy1 View Post
    did you do that by changing +TapRadiusSquared= to 80?
    No, 8 squared is 64. changed it to 64.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pulp View Post
    Try moving the slider in the youtube app for ex, it now moves instantly.

ahsirg, I love this patch!
    Oh, I didn't even think of that. Moving the slider in the Youtube or Music apps was terrible... I'm going to try that out now.
    anyone tried 3d games, nova rocks on my pre
    Quote Originally Posted by NachoB View Post
    Reduces the delay (lag time) when scrolling, for example up or down in a web page. Scrolling before wouldn't start until your finger had passed 25 pixels. With this patch scrolling will start after passing 10 pixels.
    OK, thanks for explaining that. I definitely see a difference in the browser, but not really in a launcher page... Is that because I am using 4x4 and a theme?
    of course, I am generally using my thumb, and they are probably 100 pixels across. hmmm.
    Thank you so much for this! It makes skipping around in videos and movies so much easier. Don't have to drag fifty miles out then try to skip back to the point I wanted to get to in the first place.
    Global Posts
    269 Global Posts
    It needs to be in Preware like..now. I don't have access to my laptop at this time.
    What are the steps needed to install/uninstall the patch on my phone through the computer? Using WebOS quick install?

Thx
    Global Posts
    89 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by djgardn2 View Post
    What are the steps needed to install/uninstall the patch on my phone through the computer? Using WebOS quick install?

Thx
    Yup, just use WebOS Quick Install!
    Quote Originally Posted by BeeRad View Post
    It needs to be in Preware like..now. I don't have access to my laptop at this time.
    If you're comfortable copying files in Terminal, you could edit /etc/palm/luna.conf yourself by copying it to /media/internal using Internalz, edit it using Internalz, then copy it back via Terminal.
    Of course when the patch does hit Preware you'll have to undo the change before applying the patch.
    Last edited by NachoB; 05/30/2010 at 08:34 PM.
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
    yeah hurry up preware server! My pc is currently in pieces at the moment as my dad is looking at upgrading the memory *sigh*
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    This is a fantastic patch. Thank you so much for making it happen.
    When do you think it'll be out on Preware?
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    We always prefer that people donate in response to tangible items they can use today, rather than for intangible promises about the future that may or may not be possible to achieve.
    This patch is real nice, thank you so much!
    Thank you very much ahsirg. I have been wanting this since I've had the Pre. Much more responsive to dragging. I'm also trying 8 pixels and it seems to be okay.

I think that this is instantly one my essential patches.

What concerns me is why haven't Palm included it before this. When you know what you are doing and where to look, there is not much to it. Surely Pre users at Palm have seen the need for it.
    Can we get some more people trying this out? I'm curious if Palm made the radius 25 pixels in order to help out the fat-fingered people.

Does anyone know the radius on the iPhone? As much as I don't like to admit, the iPhone has a really decent dragging feel.
    Global Posts
    269 Global Posts
    Does anybody get the feeling that with current hardware quality (let's be real, it's not stellar but sorta "ok") and the fact that we the PEOPLE (devs, etc) keep finding ways to make webOS better.....we are all just beta testers on dev phones and we all are in a way making webOS evolve into something awesome and 2.0 OS and 2.0 hardware will be crazy good?

4x4 icons, glass effect, battery percentage, reduced drag radius etc. etc. etc. \m/
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast