Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910
    After using this awhile I'm pretty darned satisfied with 11px. I had intermittent issues with 10px recognizing my wishes.

Something that may be nothing:
    Forgive me if this sounds ignorant or OCD but has anyone given thought to differences where settings define a square area that contains a single pixel in the center as opposed to four (i.e. a grid of odd numbersē vs evenē)? Is this a non-issue?
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    Wow, I had ignored this patch for a while, but just loaded it and I'm glad I did. What an improvement. Thanks for this contribution!
    Quote Originally Posted by NachoB View Post
    Reduces the delay (lag time) when scrolling, for example up or down in a web page. Scrolling before wouldn't start until your finger had passed 25 pixels. With this patch scrolling will start after passing 10 pixels.
    Sick! Thx!
    Quote Originally Posted by dandman8 View Post
    Wow, I had ignored this patch for a while, but just loaded it and I'm glad I did. What an improvement. Thanks for this contribution!
    Did the same thing 'til today!
    Quote Originally Posted by dandman8 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by rdg168 View Post
    Did the same thing 'til today!

And today it what my turn! Why'd I wait so long?! Trying to slowly adjust screen brightness and the pixel spacing in the launcher and stuff like that was killing me! Makes those actions, as well as scrolling in contacts, browser, etc much more responsive. Thanks!
    Hm. On a German 1.4.5 Pre the patch does not apply correctly.
    No sign of failure from Preware, but I didn't notice a difference and eventually checked /etc/palm/luna.conf and found the pristine value (625) in it. :-(
    Quote Originally Posted by palimpalim View Post
    No sign of failure from Preware, but I didn't notice a difference and eventually checked /etc/palm/luna.conf and found the pristine value (625) in it. :-(
    If you know enough to find the 625, you could probably compare the line numbers/code in the patch and modify it to complete the patch on your version of webOS.
    Last edited by johncc; 10/24/2010 at 06:39 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by palimpalim View Post
    You could have done one of two things to correct that issue. (1) Hard reset. (battery pull) (2) Run emergency reconstruction patch.(ERP) which would have fix the corrupt ipk file.
    Quote Originally Posted by RUSH View Post
    You could have done one of two things to correct that issue. (1) Hard reset. (battery pull) (2) Run emergency reconstruction patch.(ERP) which would have fix the corrupt ipk file.
    Unfortunately, neither of those things would help, since he has already determined that the file has pristine contents that has not been altered by a patch.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Is possible to go down to 5px? I mean 8px i all ready crazy enough with responsiveness but I was just thinking maybe it could be more accurate and responsive
    Quote Originally Posted by ProParkour View Post
    Is possible to go down to 5px? I mean 8px i all ready crazy enough with responsiveness but I was just thinking maybe it could be more accurate and responsive
    There probably does need to be some minimum value, because the system does need to be able to distinguish a tap encompassing a group of pixels and maybe a slight finger roll, and an actual drag.

Try it. You just need to amend the squared value in the patch.
    There wasn't a limit for the drag radius, to me it seems more responsive. I would like some one else to test this and confirm, I think I may be feeling a placebo effect.
    Attached Files Attached Files
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910