Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes
    I installed the patch without a problem from WebOSQI on my pre minus. However I've had to stop it a couple times because it stays on "preparing contacts to be sent" for hours on end. I've also received an error message when I've tried the cellebrite method of exporting my contacts, where it says it was unable to create a temp file.

I found a PmMigration file on the pre, which I then imported into my google contacts, but noticed that a lot of info/entire contacts are missing.

Not sure how to proceed. Thoughts? I've had my pre since launch day 2 years ago, but finally gave in and bought a Nexus S last week. I loved my pre, but its holding my contacts hostage!

Thanks!
    Global Posts
    270 Global Posts
    I just want to check, because no one has stated...
    This does leave your contacts on your phone doesn't it? It makes a copy/bkup not a deletion/transfer.

I am still using the phone and want to make sure before opening a headache.

Thanks.
    The ported patch to webos 2.1 does copy for sure.
    Global Posts
    318 Global Posts
    I have been looking for a way to save my contacts on my Pre2 so I can update Google Contacts. In the past I used the email patch on my Pre+ but see that that patch hasn't been updated to 2.1.

I wasn't able to get either of these to install using WOSQI. Would they install using Internalz.

Thanks for the help.

Quote Originally Posted by Dick99999 View Post
    The attached (beta) port to 2.1 of the 'send all contacts via email' patch is a slightly modified one compared to 1.4.x:

- The 'to' email will be set at you@self.com. If the attached optional patch to the email app is installed, that one will automatically change that into your default email address.

- The VCF attachment has a non-VCF mime type, so it can be seen/saved in Firefox. (Firefox does not show VCF attachments but thinks it's a VCF to process).

I cannot test whether send-all-to-Carkit is still working, have no supported car kit.
    Will submit it if I don't hear problems with this beta.
    Tim Boche

Palm IIIe, IIIx, IIIxe, IIIc, ClieT615, ClieTJ25, ClieTJ37(2), Treo600, Treo650, Centro(AT&T & Verizon),
    Pre Plus(6 replacements), TouchPads(1-16gb,2-32gb), Pre2 (and a spare)
    Just checked it, runs fine with QI 3.3.0 / webOS 2.1/2.2 / winXP. I have submitted the patch to Preware, perhaps that helps.
    However, generally an error means there is another patch that modified the same lines as this one does. Which CONTACT (sorry not email) patches have you installed?
    Last edited by Dick99999; 09/09/2011 at 01:51 AM. Reason: contact not email
    Patch won't install via Preware.

Patch won't install via Internalz.

Can't find it in WEBOSQI.

Now what??
    Was sucked into Palm when I bought the glorious Treo650, somehow subsequent phones didn't live up to expectations.
    if you can acces the patch in Preware,you are likely interested in a webOS 1 version.

if you are interested in webOS 2, wait for the patch to appear. It has been submitted.

or download it form this thread to your pc and drop it in quick install.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dick99999 View Post
    if you can acces the patch in Preware,you are likely interested in a webOS 1 version.
    I own a 2009 Pre, webOS 1.4.5, likely interested in a webOS 1 version, how do I install it then?

or download it form this thread to your pc and drop it in quick install.
    Come again?
    Was sucked into Palm when I bought the glorious Treo650, somehow subsequent phones didn't live up to expectations.
    Glad the confusion cleared up. I only ported the original v1 patch to webOS 2 and was talking and trying that v2 patch.Perhaps others know whether/how the v1 patch works.
    Quote Originally Posted by ace331 View Post
    I installed the patch without a problem from WebOSQI on my pre
    How is it called on WebOSQI? I just can't bloody find it..
    Quote Originally Posted by crowning73 View Post
    How is it called on WebOSQI? I just can't bloody find it..
    Go to tools/ tweaks/ online repository...tada!!! lol
    Try this:
    1. remove all of your Sconix patches
    2. install the send conacts via email patch, restart luna
    3. send the contacts
    4. uninstall email contacts patch
    5. put your Sconix patches back on, restart luna

It worked for me. I installed email contacts patch through Preware.
    Last edited by DeWente69; 10/10/2011 at 08:21 PM. Reason: No Title
    Quote Originally Posted by DeWente69 View Post
    Go to tools/ tweaks/ online repository...tada!!! lol
    What are you talking about? There is no "tweaks" option....
    I am completely new to Homebrew and I have just tried to install this patch. I have followed the instructions on WOSQI on my Pre 3 and downloaded the patch from the link at Index of /feeds/webos-patches/ for webOS version 2.2.0 but this resulted in the "Package dependencies not satisfied" error. Please can anyone help me get past this?
    Start QI. Then on the right side under the minus, click on the world globe. Then click on Applications or patches and choose the patch or app you want to install.
    If that does not work for this patch, hit apps in QI and install Preware, same procedure. Then on the Pre 3, start Preware and choose.
    The patch does install on my Pre 3 though Preware, did not try QI..
    Whoohoo, it worked! Thank you very much for your help.
    I have a Palm Pre Plus on VZW running 1.4.5.1 and I am trying to use this patch. I have used it before successfully but now it's being stubborn.

I start it - and it sits at the "Preparing contacts to be sent" forever.

I'm running a few patches and the stable version of AVIIb overclocking kernel. Any ideas?
    What about this "send conacts via email patch" for the TouchPad 3.0.4?
    I can't find it and I do not know an alternative way to export contact data from a TouchPad webOS profile.
    Global Posts
    103 Global Posts
    I am not sure if this method will work on webOs 2.x but it does work on my AT&T Pre + on 1.4.5:

In the phone app, dial "#*66623#" (without the quotes) and press the dial button.
    A new card will appear.
    Tap the green "CelleBrite Export" button.
    Aftwards, copy this file from the USB portion: L:\.temp\PmMigration.vcf
    (where L is your Pre USB drive letter)

This seems to get an entire VCF dump of the contact list, without using the patch described earlier in this thread.

Hope this helps someone.
    tovivekmishra likes this.
    http://abesapps.co.cc/apps/com.abesa..._1.0.0_all.ipk

Paste into browser and save the ipk. Open quickinstall and drag the file into it. Ot, press the + button and select the file. Install is. Then, open the app and email the files to your email address. Done and done.
    I don't understand the purpose of the line, I don't need to drink to have fun. Great, no one does. But why start a fire with flint and sticks when they've invented the lighter?

Let's all give thanks to the app that started it all.
    http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...ebrew-app.html
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast