Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by zlbdad View Post
    I can't find the .patch file for this?
    http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...ml#post2715138
    u guys r so talented....thx
    I had this patch installed, but havent seen it since the update to 1.4.5. Does it still work? Or am I missing something.

Also, say for some reason the Palm Profile didnt work to bring your contacts back, how would you use this to restore your contacts back to the Pre. Can it read the vcard file to restore your contacts seamlessly or you still have to try using Google etc to import?
    Last edited by DJeremyC; 11/01/2010 at 04:04 PM.

Nokia (red phone) --> Denso TouchPoint TP2200 --> Samsung SPH-N400 --> (Palm VII) --> Sanyo 5150 --> Palm Treo 650 --> Palm Pre --> Sprint FrankenPre 2 --> (HP TouchPad)/(HP Pre 3 - Wifi) --> Galaxy Nexus (with TS mod and hopes of Open webOS!)
    Global Posts
    107 Global Posts
    It's awesome, thanx dude
    Can we follow you on twitter or FB for an update on ur work?
    Global Posts
    107 Global Posts
    Yes it awesome patch, glad to have it again
    Can we follow you on twitter or FB for your great work update. thanx
    Quote Originally Posted by akram116 View Post
    It's awesome, thanx dude
    Can we follow you on twitter or FB for an update on ur work?
    If that is for me I am on twitter.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums Beta
    Global Posts
    107 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    If that is for me I am on twitter.

Thank you, awesome job

i tried installing the patch but got this error log

download
    % Total % Received % Xferd Average Speed Time Time Time Current
    47 11616 47 5518 0 0 3654 0 0:00:03 0:00:01 0:00:02 7020
    100 11616 100 11616 0 0 7676 0 0:00:01 0:00:01 --:--:-- 14703
    identify
    org.webosinternals.patches.contacts-send-all-contacts-via-email
    install
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, {"returnValue":true , "ticket":5, "subscribed":true}
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":5 , "status":"STARTING" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":5 , "status":"CREATE_TMP" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":5 , "status":"VERIFYING" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":5 , "status":"IPKG_INSTALL" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":5 , "status":"SUCCESS" }
    mkdir-prerm
    Nothing Interesting.
    install-prerm
    Nothing Interesting.
    postinst
    -1: Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps /bin/sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.patches.contacts-send-all-contacts-via-email.postinst 2>&1
    1 out of 5 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.contacts/app/controllers/list-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$
    remove
    Removing package org.webosinternals.patches.contacts-send-all-contacts-via-email from root...
    (offline root mode: not running org.webosinternals.patches.contacts-send-all-contacts-via-email.prerm)
    delete
    Nothing Interesting.
    failed
    Nothing Interesting.
    download
    % Total % Received % Xferd Average Speed Time Time Time Current
    0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:-- 0
    100 11616 100 11616 0 0 6846 0 0:00:01 0:00:01 --:--:-- 14131
    identify
    org.webosinternals.patches.contacts-send-all-contacts-via-email
    install
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, {"returnValue":true , "ticket":6, "subscribed":true}
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":6 , "status":"STARTING" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":6 , "status":"CREATE_TMP" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":6 , "status":"VERIFYING" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":6 , "status":"IPKG_INSTALL" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":6 , "status":"SUCCESS" }
    mkdir-prerm
    Nothing Interesting.
    install-prerm
    Nothing Interesting.
    postinst
    -1: Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps /bin/sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.patches.contacts-send-all-contacts-via-email.postinst 2>&1
    1 out of 5 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.contacts/app/controllers/list-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$
    remove
    Removing package org.webosinternals.patches.contacts-send-all-contacts-via-email from root...
    (offline root mode: not running org.webosinternals.patches.contacts-send-all-contacts-via-email.prerm)
    delete
    Nothing Interesting.
    failed
    Nothing Interesting.
    i'm not a developer (at least not yet) and i'd like to know what i need to uninstall to get this to work
    The version in Preware isn't compatible with sconix's patch you need to use the one I posted in this thread. post #42 use webosqi or internalz to install
    Any thoughts about putting the Sconix compatible version in Preware?
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucki View Post
    How do I import my contacts back to my pre? Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by DJeremyC View Post
    Also, say for some reason the Palm Profile didnt work to bring your contacts back, how would you use this to restore your contacts back to the Pre. Can it read the vcard file to restore your contacts seamlessly or you still have to try using Google etc to import?
    Easiest (and fastest) way is probably to connect your Pre/Pixi to the Mac/PC with the USB cable and mount it in USB flashdisk mode, then drop the vcf file at the very top of the USB drive renaming it to "migration.mig" (remove the double quotes). As soon as you eject the USB drive, the Pre/Pixi will import everything (contacts, but also any other event put in that file) into your Palm profile.

Worked for me quite a few times, this a "standard" feature from Palm initially meant to help transfer PIM data from the Palm Desktop into the Pre/Pixi (DTA - DATA TRANSFER ASSISTANT).

Thibaud
    Last edited by Thibaud; 01/06/2011 at 05:15 AM.
    is flashdisk the same as jus usb mode?
    Quote Originally Posted by youngevizu View Post
    is flashdisk the same as jus usb mode?
    Yes sir! ;-)
    Global Posts
    453 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Thibaud View Post
    Easiest (and fastest) way is probably to connect your Pre/Pixi to the Mac/PC with the USB cable and mount it in USB flashdisk mode, then drop the vcf file at the very top of the USB drive renaming it to "migration.mig" (remove the double quotes). As soon as you eject the USB drive, the Pre/Pixi will import everything (contacts, but also any other event put in that file) into your Palm profile.

Worked for me quite a few times, this a "standard" feature from Palm initially meant to help transfer PIM data from the Palm Desktop into the Pre/Pixi (DTA - DATA TRANSFER ASSISTANT).

Thibaud
    Not working for me. are u changing the file type from .vcf to .mig? if so how?
    bump
    This space for rent or lease. Inquire within.
    ^why?
    I have a pre2 with 2.1 and want to get my contacts off of it, only Send all contacts patch doesn't work with 2.1. Please someone come to my rescue

I really think I should have been able to do this day 1 with my palm profile if it had a simple web interface to the data, cmon Palm/HP.
    Last edited by slydog43; 03/10/2011 at 02:35 PM.
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    Pixi plus 1.45, it seems to do everything, but when I click on the e-mail, the attachment disappears, and it opens up blank. After trying to find out what the problem was, I got the email to open and it was in base64 encoding. Anyway to get it in regular vcf ?

Follow up: Did get it converted to text format, but it is hard to work with. My intent was to transfer my Palm contacts to Google and then reload them to the pixi, but it sounds like a hassle.
    Last edited by tbd1; 05/02/2011 at 06:51 AM.
    The attached (beta) port to 2.1 of the 'send all contacts via email' patch is a slightly modified one compared to 1.4.x:

- The 'to' email will be set at you@self.com. If the attached optional patch to the email app is installed, that one will automatically change that into your default email address.

- The VCF attachment has a non-VCF mime type, so it can be seen/saved in Firefox. (Firefox does not show VCF attachments but thinks it's a VCF to process).

I cannot test whether send-all-to-Carkit is still working, have no supported car kit.
    Will submit it if I don't hear problems with this beta.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Quote Originally Posted by sjamie View Post
    Alright, I'll try installing with Webosqi. Once Internalz was given the ability to install patches, Webosqi got buried into the recesses of my mind!

Convenience is addictive!
    Been looking how to install patches with Internalz for 1/2 hour now, no luck. Anyone cares to take me to where it's explained?
    Was sucked into Palm when I bought the glorious Treo650, somehow subsequent phones didn't live up to expectations.
    Dick99999 likes this.
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast