Global Posts
    100 Global Posts
    I installed Preware for the first time tonight and installed a couple of patches. They all worked except for the Virtual keyboard. It seemingly got stuck when it was installing the first time so I swiped the card off the screen to close it. It says it's installed, but it doesn't work. I tried a Luna restart and normal reboot and it doesn't work. I used Emergency Patch Recovery which didn't remove it while it removed the others. I tried to remove it individually and that didn't work either saying "Patch removal probably failed".

What do I do?
    Global Posts
    373 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggie PT View Post
    I installed Preware for the first time tonight and installed a couple of patches. They all worked except for the Virtual keyboard. It seemingly got stuck when it was installing the first time so I swiped the card off the screen to close it. It says it's installed, but it doesn't work. I tried a Luna restart and normal reboot and it doesn't work. I used Emergency Patch Recovery which didn't remove it while it removed the others. I tried to remove it individually and that didn't work either saying "Patch removal probably failed".

What do I do?
    It takes forever to install.

Uninstall, reboot, reinstall. let it go....and go....and go
    seriously it takes like 5 minutes to install, like said, just let it go, it will work just fine
    Global Posts
    100 Global Posts
    I tried removing it but it keeps failing. When it is is trying to remove it, it say a bunch of stuff and then no such file or directory. It tries for a while, fails and then gives me an IPKG Log.

Thanks for the help, but any other ideas on how to remove this and start over?
    Global Posts
    373 Global Posts
    that I can't tell you. probably need to Doctor. Mine uninstalled fine from my interrupting the install.
    in preware there is a file called something like vkb cleanup or cleanup vkb, this should remove the virtual keyboard files. Go to list everything and type in cleanup vkb or vkb cleanup, can't remember the exact name. I think this will do it
    Global Posts
    100 Global Posts
    Thanks for all of your help. I installed it with Preward which wouldn't remove it. I used Quick Install to remove it, which worked. I then reinstalled it and it worked.