Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    Most phones now have the ability to send text messages longer than 160 characters or "Media Messages".

I would like to see a patch that will allow this on the Pre. Everyone doesn't get email to their phone. So this patch would make it easier to send messages to those people. Right now if you send a text over 160 characters, it breaks down into multiple messages 1 of etc..). The problem with that is that those messages is that they don't always arrive in order on the recipients device. or have the (1 of etc..) at the bottom of the messages.

Maybe be able to send an email to a phone number would work. I dont know .

Thanks guys.
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    Any thoughts about this one?
    This is impossible to patch because it is an issue related to the network. If you are on a CDMA Pre you have to just deal with it. Only GSM phones text in one big splurge.
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AdmiralRaptor View Post
    This is impossible to patch because it is an issue related to the network. If you are on a CDMA Pre you have to just deal with it. Only GSM phones text in one big splurge.
    I figured as much. I was just wondering if there was a way to make it more accurate so that message 4 doesn't show up before message 1.
    My CDMA Instinct used to be able to send MMS messages, up to 1000 characters, yet if we make a MMS on our pre's, it splits the messages up.
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by marclh1992 View Post
    My CDMA Instinct used to be able to send MMS messages, up to 1000 characters, yet if we make a MMS on our pre's, it splits the messages up.

Exactly my point. I just sent a test message to my phone from Sprint's Picturemail website and it worked like a charm. 1000 characters. So I don't see why this patch would be impossible or creating an app that would allow the text message to run through the picturemail site.
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    Bumping this