1.    #1  
    I wish i woulda paid a little more attention in Java class in college, but i'm sure this is fully do-able.

What i was thinking was having a setting in the messaging app ( Flip a switch to activate it) which would auto-respond to a text if the phone was moving faster than 10 mph.

So where the switch is, in the settings, you can have a message of your choice ie. "I'm driving right now, I'll get back to you when i get a chance". so basically the logic would go like this.

If text message & switch on {
    Query gps {
    If phone moving >10mph {
    send auto response msg;
    leave notification "auto responded to..." }
    Else receive message as normally

Seems pretty easy, i just don't know all the language.

i think a text catcher/away message app would be better, Similar to the "SMS auto-reply/fwd" app, but given how the WebOS is supposed to do things whithout us thinking about doing it, it seemed pretty "synergistic".
    Just an idea, i knew when i was in class, i loved the challenge of trying to get something made. What do you think?
    sounds great! I'd use it!
    there is an app in the catalog ghat does that already.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    Care to share? Not always the easiest thing in the world to find these app.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    No there isn't. There is one that autoreplies, but not one that does it in the background with no card open or "head" in the dashboard based on GPS, and does it seemlessly without you thinking of it.
    http://www.precentral.net/app-galler...alog/quicktext
    http://www.precentral.net/homebrew-apps/txt-ready

Remember, tomorrow (Sunday) is "buy an app day" so buy lots of apps to support our developers!!!
    Global Posts
    977 Global Posts
    This is a great patch idea, I would definitely use it.

Neither one of these do what the OP suggested that I can tell.
    Sprint since 01/06/99: Sanyo SCP-4500 -> Audiovox PPC-6700 -> Palm Treo 755p -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre 1.4.5 -> Jailbroken iPhone 4s
    Quote Originally Posted by jdod View Post
    This is a great patch idea, I would definitely use it.

Neither one of these do what the OP suggested that I can tell.
    True that it would require you to look at your speedometer and tap a button if speed =>10mph. But they would do the job. Just trying to be helpful...
    Global Posts
    259 Global Posts
    That's great idea! What if it were expanded to include emails and phone calls as well?
    In each case, it would default to a user-defined message. In the case of a phone, it could be "hey, I'm driving right now. Leave a message, or hang up now and I'll see that you called."