1.    #1  
    If anyone can work on this or incorporate it into Govnah or a patch it can work like this...

CPU Temperature between 30-48 degrees Celsius (Since Govnah is not in F).

1. During the course of the day the phone should work at the users available maximum (patched 800MHz, unpatched/stock 500MHz).
    2. As the phone temperature raises the CPU is automatically throttled back in increments of 50-100MHz to the lowest available CPU speed to keep the phone under the warning temperature.
    3. and as the phone temperature is decreased the CPU can then throttle back up slowly 50-100MHz at a time.

I think this would be better for all of us rather then worrying about the phone overheating ever "Especially in a Tethering situation".
    16 Candles, The Breakfast Club SB, Friday SB, App Catalog Fix, Palm Pre/Pixi - USB Modem, TMC Workaround, SCRIM Changing OTF

The fastest way to install Preware on your WebOS device.
    Put your device in Developer mode.
    From your PC download the Preware installer from http://get.preware.org
    Run the Preware installer while the WebOS device is connected with the USB cable to your PC.
    Vualla Preware is installed.]
    Interesting idea. The only problem I see is that the temperature seems to stay cooler when running at a set speed. Scaling seems to increase the temperature.
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan

Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation
  3. ght
    Global Posts
    886 Global Posts
    I'm pretty sure this feature is on the webOS Internals' group To-Do list, though maybe not exactly the way you described. I think possibly the screenstate governor with a bit of code limiting CPU speed to 500MHz if the CPU temp is over say, 45 degrees would be my personal choice. Perhaps this could be a user-configurable temperature limit. My phone feels uncomfortable in my hand when over 45 degrees - makes me nervous.
    Rwhitby has mentioned this in a previous post that they have this on the to-do list. This is primarily the reason why the main developers don't overclock their personal Pre's because of temperature effects.

If I helped you or you have downloaded one of my files,
    then least you could do is click the "Thanks" button.
  5.    #5  
    I have not overclocked my Pre for some time now... But still have an overheating issue when tethering. So if they do this we can all possibly have hastle free tethering.

EDIT: No more heating up since my most recent adventure through the junk covering the CPU.
    Last edited by demetry14; 06/05/2010 at 12:24 AM.
    16 Candles, The Breakfast Club SB, Friday SB, App Catalog Fix, Palm Pre/Pixi - USB Modem, TMC Workaround, SCRIM Changing OTF

The fastest way to install Preware on your WebOS device.
    Put your device in Developer mode.
    From your PC download the Preware installer from http://get.preware.org
    Run the Preware installer while the WebOS device is connected with the USB cable to your PC.
    Vualla Preware is installed.]