View Poll Results: Do you use Uberkernal/Govnah combo and/or Faster Card Animations?

Voters
16. You may not vote on this poll
  • I overclock and use the faster card animations patch!

9 56.25%
  • I just overclock.

7 43.75%
  • I just use the faster card animations patch.

0 0%
  • I don't use any of it. My Pre is healthy without performance enhancements thank you!

0 0%
  1.    #1  
    Has anyone noticed a difference in performance from using the faster card animations patch with the uber-kernal/govnah combo?

I was using both together for a long time, but some things were starting to bother me. I could still only open one (if that) app alongside a 3d game, like NFSU, and when I open my favourite twitter client "TweetMe" it hangs for a second in loading the card, and hangs for a second again when loading my news feed, and AGAIN when rendering the feed, and the "refresh tweets" button.

After uninstalling the faster card animations patch, I no longer had any of these issues. TweetMe got snappy, 3d gaming got more multitasky, and I got more happy.

I'll come back to this thread soon with more analysis of the changes I've noticed in performance and other fields, because I used to have issues with Google Maps and the card loading. We'll see how that goes now.
    That's generally what happens when you alter the system files. It can cause other areas to glitch. As always, YMMV
  3.    #3  
    YMMV? abbreviation for?
    Edit:
    Nevermind, I googled it.
    I'm using both Overclock and FCA but not the hyper card animations just the faster one.

Samsung Fascinate Rooted