Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    sometimes we just need to delete all "evidence" h ah a. anyone with this ?
    Whatever happened to just swiping it away?...
  3.    #3  
    that does not help ... at all... when you only have 10 seconds.
    Global Posts
    926 Global Posts
    You talkin about deleting parts of a SMS conversation or the entire conversation?

I can open the messaging app and delete at least 5 conversations in 10seconds if need be.
  5.    #5  
    say you haven't deleted any convos for over 5 months. You will want to have them deleted. You can't sit there and do it all. You eventually get tired.
    Quote Originally Posted by ivpalm View Post
    that does not help ... at all... when you only have 10 seconds.
    If you REALLY need to duump all potential evidence on your phone, you could do a Full Erase real quick

By the way, why the need to delete all text messages within 10 seconds? Or are some questions best left unanswered?
  7.    #7  
    when there someone that takes ur pone and wants to read EVERYTHING. You need it all gone

and doesn't full erase erase evrything from apps to calender stuff and you have to retype everything again
    Global Posts
    926 Global Posts
    say you haven't deleted any convos for over 5 months. You will want to have them deleted. You can't sit there and do it all. You eventually get tired.
    Excuse the obvious question but do you know you can delete an entire conversation by swiping the persons name from the messaging start screen?
    Assuming you are trying to rid the evidence of a certain individual that takes no time at all.
    Plus, if you want to delete from multiple people, just keep swiping until the last one then hit delete. You don't have to hit delete each time..
  9.    #9  
    i know i can keep on swiping but a patch to be able to delete all conversation you've had.

Is it really harmful?
    Global Posts
    926 Global Posts
    Okay gotcha.
    I usually don't let "certain text conversations" linger too long and stay on top of deleting those as need be.
    I'd actually prefer a lock screen on the messaging app (and the photo one too) as apposed to a delete all but not a bad idea.. .
  11.    #11  
    okay, well i don't suppose anyone has this patch or is willing to try it... :/
    I wouldn't mind a "prune" feature to delete old messages.
    when there someone that takes ur pone and wants to read EVERYTHING. You need it all gone

and doesn't full erase erase evrything from apps to calender stuff and you have to retype everything again
    Better option would be to put a pin on that sucker. Either that or take the battery out before they take it (although if they were smart enough, they could just plug it in).

If I helped you or you have downloaded one of my files,
    then least you could do is click the "Thanks" button.
    Quote Originally Posted by DrHeathenScum View Post
    I wouldn't mind a "prune" feature to delete old messages.
    +1
    ive tried to delete messages and swipe them away . but when the same person texts me back or if i text them again the whole message convo comes back . so what give ??
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    ive tried to delete messages and swipe them away . but when the same person texts me back or if i text them again the whole message convo comes back . so what give ??
    WebOS takes an abnormal amount of time when it comes to deleting information from the database format it is currently in. Typically conversations have been known to take 10 minutes to a hour to completely delete. The OS has to sift through the entire file and delete. This process isn't really optimized and might be on Palm's to-do list. My guess is that the deletion process is stalled or cancelled if someone messages.

Just swipe the conversation and give it a hour or two. I have one conversation with my girlfriend that has 9000 messages. I'm interested how long that sucker will take to delete.

This is all just knowledge I've read and gathered. Someone can chime in if they have a correction. I have doubts I could be wrong.

If I helped you or you have downloaded one of my files,
    then least you could do is click the "Thanks" button.
    I get a lot of texts, text notifications, etc. When I am busy and don't get them all deleted immediately, I end up with a LOT of conversations to delete. I would sure like to just be able to clear/purge my texts instead of individually swiping 20- 30 conversations
    someone plz make this patch >.< i hav like sooo much message , i can delete em one by one and swiping their name doesnt work , it comes back after i text back >.< i really want this patch
    yeah even a "purge" function would be nice like the treo days
    Except a purge feature that works.... the one on my Treo never seemed to work correctly.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast