Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Sets the keyboard brightness to the inverse value of the display brightness with a 15% minimum value & and 85% maximum value.

Since one of the key components of this is patch the service call found by zinge used in his Brightness Unlinked app (CC ND), I asked for his permission prior to posting this...He, of course, graciously has allowed me to share the patch I made...I added some logic to use another service call to get the current screen brightness and use it when the slider is opened or the display status is changed.

As far as operation, there are no controls…The patch automatically calculates & sets the keyboard brightness based on the whatever the current display brightness is…For example, your keyboard brightness would be 76% if your display brightness was set to 24%.

Also, it would probably be best to uninstall Brightness Unlinked or any other app/patch which would affect the keyboard brightness.

I've also posted a version fixed at 100% which can be modified by opening the patch file in a text editor and changing the number @ line 45 shown below in bold to a value between 0 to 100.
    Code:
    +			parameters:{keypad:{brightness:100}}
    Attached Files Attached Files
    thanks ima try it out!
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

3.    #3  
    btw...If you previous installed this patch from the request thread, you should uninstall it and reinstall the copy posted above because I had to do a minor rework to prevent the kb backlight from staying on if the slider was open and closed really fast.

inverted one works great!
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

will def try this one. I usually have BU keyboard setting to 40% and PresetReset launches it. Now just need this patch. Kudos!!!

Q: does it work with the 'brightness in device menu?'
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
    Global Posts
    905 Global Posts
    Great Patch! Will you be submitting it to Preware?

Quote Originally Posted by xanthinealkaloid View Post
    Sets the keyboard brightness to the inverse value of the display brightness with a 15% minimum value & and 85% maximum value.

Since one of the key components of this is patch the service call found by zinge used in his Brightness Unlinked app (CC ND), I asked for his permission prior to posting this...He, of course, graciously has allowed me to share the patch I made...I added some logic to use another service call to get the current screen brightness and use it when the slider is opened or the display status is changed.

As far as operation, there are no controls…The patch automatically calculates & sets the keyboard brightness based on the whatever the current display brightness is…For example, your keyboard brightness would be 76% if your display brightness was set to 24%.

Also, it would probably be best to uninstall Brightness Unlinked or any other app/patch which would affect the keyboard brightness.

I've also posted a version fixed at 100% which can be modified by opening the patch file in a text editor and changing the number @ line 45 shown below in bold to a value between 0 to 100.
    Code:
    +			parameters:{keypad:{brightness:100}}
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by ChemEngr View Post
    Q: does it work with the 'brightness in device menu?'
    Yes, but you'll notice the keyboard flicker once when the device menu is open which I believe is indicative of handling this via javascript.

8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by ToddK View Post
    Great Patch! Will you be submitting it to Preware?
    Yes, but it installs great through WOSQI for now. Thanks, Jason!

Also, it'll probably only the inverted version.

installed the new one from the above post and works great as expected. Thanks for the hard work and great patch.
    Great patch! Thanks!
    Global Posts
    340 Global Posts
    Love it! Just donated.
    Works well with Mode Switcher for me:
    I plug in at night and the screen dims to 1% and, now, the keyboard lights right up.
    Very cool

Thanks
    Palm V -->m505 -->Tungsten T3-->T5->Centro-->Pre!
    xanthinealkaloid, your "fixed keyboard brightness' works great. Thank you!

Now my phone looks like it should. I'll have to use it for a time to see what kind of effect it will have on the battery. LED's are really efficient (usually), I can't imagine it being that hard of a hit.
    I'm having a problem with "fixed keyboard brightness". It's weird, it's like it won't 'stick' sometimes. If I open the keyboard it will initially get brighter, but sometimes when I open a program it will revert back to normal dimness. Sometimes I'll open the slider and it will get bright for only a few seconds.

It's really inconsistent, so I'm not sure exactly what's causing it to do that. I thought maybe I was bumping the sliding mechanism a little, and once I shook the phone and lost the brightness again.

But I can't seem to reproduce this on demand, even though it happens all the time -- it just kind of dims when it wants to.

I'll reboot and test it a little more...
  14.    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jahooba View Post
    I'm having a problem with "fixed keyboard brightness". It's weird, it's like it won't 'stick' sometimes. If I open the keyboard it will initially get brighter, but sometimes when I open a program it will revert back to normal dimness. Sometimes I'll open the slider and it will get bright for only a few seconds.

It's really inconsistent, so I'm not sure exactly what's causing it to do that. I thought maybe I was bumping the sliding mechanism a little, and once I shook the phone and lost the brightness again.

But I can't seem to reproduce this on demand, even though it happens all the time -- it just kind of dims when it wants to.

I'll reboot and test it a little more...
    My bad…When I was changing up the code to make it fixed, I took out the line that starts the display subscription when the slider is open…Without that, it can't maintain the keyboard brightness when the display state changes.

I corrected the issue and reposted a working patch file in the OP.

15. Xak
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    COOL
    Quote Originally Posted by xanthinealkaloid View Post
    I corrected the issue and reposted a working patch file in the OP.

Thank you, sir! Your patch, although simple, is one of my favorites. I notice it every time I open my phone
    man i want this, but i refuse to get up and go find my usb cord lol
    @agentmock

Audiovox SMT5600 (WM) --> Cingular 8125 (WM) --> Sprint Mogul 8525 (WM) --> Palm Pre (webOS)- --> Sprint Franken Pre2 (webOS) + 32gb Touchpad (webOS)
    Global Posts
    453 Global Posts
    when this patch will be available in Preware?
    i just tried to installed the patch but not working for me! i restarted my Pre but still not working. it was installed and its there but not working! i have no other keyboard patches!
  19.    #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by amjz View Post
    i just tried to installed the patch but not working for me! i restarted my Pre but still not working. it was installed and its there but not working! i have no other keyboard patches!
    You probably need to uninstall and reinstall, making sure you have a good internet connection at the time.

I noticed on the "fixed keyboard brightness" patch that the keyboard lights stay on during a call. I know it's living up to the name of the patch and all, but would it be possible to make it go off with the screen when using the phone?

That little tweak would make it perfect.

Thanks!
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast