Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456
    Quote Originally Posted by maxima2k53 View Post
    yeah thats the only way that it works right now, but before it would work by sending urself an email attachment and opening it with internals. but now the email attachment doesnt work so hopefully it works soon. i like it this way bc it beats the hassle of connecting your phone to the computer, love when u just use ur own phone to install patches and not need a computer, just my opinion
    I agree, it is easier.
    Global Posts
    418 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by oakridge outdoors View Post
    You should check out Mode Switcher.
    You can configure the settings to allow you to shut off the screen when on the TS.(see signature for MS links).

This patch works wonders with Mode Switcher. With MS and this patch, I no longer needed BU.
    Dude, I didn't even realize this setting was in Mode Switcher

Uninstalled BU, installed fixed kb brightness at 100% and am a happy camper.
    Any chance this patch will make it int o Preware? I cannot seem to install it from the link (tried both Preware install and Internalz & both direct url and email) Anyway, if it was in Preware feeds, would be nice.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by palmuse View Post
    Any chance this patch will make it int o Preware? I cannot seem to install it from the link (tried both Preware install and Internalz & both direct url and email) Anyway, if it was in Preware feeds, would be nice.

Thanks
    Just to make things clear, Preware supports .ipk files, not .patch. However, installing via Internalz should have worked. Did you use the Email Attachment link? Cause forum direct downloads will fail. Was the resulting .patch file empty If so, then sounds like the rare email issues with PreCentral.
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    Just to make things clear, Preware supports .ipk files, not .patch. However, installing via Internalz should have worked. Did you use the Email Attachment link? Cause forum direct downloads will fail. Was the resulting .patch file empty If so, then sounds like the rare email issues with PreCentral.
    Thanks for the info. I did realize the direct DL did not work (I recognized the html code). I will try switching my email address to see if it works better.

I am still curious why some patches never make it to Preware.

EDIT: I changed my email and the attchment worked fine with Internalz. My ISP's email is crap. Thanks again for clarifying.
    Last edited by palmuse; 08/24/2010 at 06:33 PM.
    Really great idea and patch
    Global Posts
    127 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by palmuse View Post

I am still curious why some patches never make it to Preware.
    I too would like to see this in the Preware Patches feed, but the creator of the patch (Xanthinealkaloid) has to submit it to the WebOS Internals folks for inclusion in Preware. He hasn't done that yet (other commitments occupying his time, as I hear), but I'm sure he'll get around to it.

I've been a BU user since it came out, along with the Launch Brightness Unlinked on Luna Boot patch, but I installed Mode Switcher recently so the restart BU patch had to go. Since that was the only way to make BU run in the background without a dashboard icon, I'm very happy that this patch is available, as it gives me all the functionality I needed without running BU. I loved BU and I'm grateful to the developer, but this patch does it one better for me.

To install, I emailed the patch to my Gmail account, then opened the file on my Pre (Sprint WebOS 1.4.5). Internalz started right up and offered me the option to install. I did so with no problem. Performed a Luna Restart and it's working great. BTW, I'm using Reduce Min. Brightness and Device Menu Remix with Flashlight patches, and the Inverted Brightness patch works great with them. You can watch the kbd brightness change in real time while moving the screen brightness slider in the device menu.
    Proud Pre Early Adopter
    My wallpapers
    Try my SteamPunk'd Theme!
    I can't get this to install after the 1.4.5 update. Preware just says 'installing' forever.

any ideas? This patch is essential for me!

I don't like brightness unlinked because it seems to want to occupy the notification area. That's not a good thing.
    Would be nice to have a preware ready version of this patch. One of my favorites, and quite useful, with the 100% keyboard brightness already included, in reference to Xanthinealkaloid's OP code*.

* check the OP
    Pre|central Peacekeepers

"Keeping the smart phone world at peace one PALM at a time"

Me and Dropbox, sitting in a tree. S-Y-N-C-I-N-G. http://db.tt/qetBsiR
    Anybody know if this was submitted to preware? i had to run an epr the other day and preware was still seeing all of the patches installed. when i went to the run the EFV it failed because it said patches were installed a different way than through preware.
    So do both of these patches override the system minimum brightness of 10%? Because currently I have the 5% min brightness patch to allow for the systems lowest available keyboard light on setting. When I installed this patch it did nothing for me so I assumed they conflict.

Any official word on this?
    16 Candles, The Breakfast Club SB, Friday SB, App Catalog Fix, Palm Pre/Pixi - USB Modem, TMC Workaround, SCRIM Changing OTF

The fastest way to install Preware on your WebOS device.
    Put your device in Developer mode.
    From your PC download the Preware installer from http://get.preware.org
    Run the Preware installer while the WebOS device is connected with the USB cable to your PC.
    Vualla Preware is installed.]
    Installing the patch with Internalz is the trick. I have been trying for weeks and on a whim decided to use Internalz and now have the inverted brightness. YES!!!
    All well, I guess I won't worry then. I understand why it isn't and won't be in PreWare, but I leave my KB Brightness fixed and the screen brightness moves. I guess I will stick with Zinge for now, even if it gets confused every now and again
    Global Posts
    403 Global Posts
    If you're interested in an updated version of this patch, please see this thread: http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...s-patches.html

We will be submitting a couple of versions to Preware soon, and hopefully an app to control it will be on the way shortly.
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456