Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    I tried installing this for the first time on 1.4.5 and it does not work for me. I tried installing via WOSQI and Internalz.
    I have device menu Megamix installed and don't know if it's brightness lowering interferes with this patch.
    Does anyone else have these two patches installed on 1.4.5?
    I have sprint 1.4.1.1 cdma & tried installing with webosqi; seemed to install but didn't work. Removed, rebooted luna & tried using internalz, but got "installation failed" message. are there any known patches that conflict with this one? I could list all 80+ I have, but I'm sure no one wants that
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    Since it's an off-feed patch, just uninstall then reinstall and all will be fine.
    I did uninstall and then reinstalled with internalz, but it still doesn't work.

btw...in preware it shows it installed and as v1.4.5-1
    Quote Originally Posted by Beach447 View Post
    I did uninstall and then reinstalled with internalz, but it still doesn't work.

btw...in preware it shows it installed and as v1.4.5-1
    try uninstalling from Preware or WOSQI; I'm looking into the possibility that FileMgr's package uninstall is bugged
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
    try uninstalling from Preware or WOSQI; I'm looking into the possibility that FileMgr's package uninstall is bugged
    Will try that again, but my original uninstall was done using Preware.

Any chance this has to do with the fact that I left it installed during the 1.4.5download and install?
    Global Posts
    340 Global Posts
    I got it to work.

I had left it installed when I updated to 1.4.5, but removed it via Preware when it didn't work.

I had tried to reinstall it using Preware's new function,. but Preware seemed to hang while installing it. I tried to download the patch and install it using Internalz, but Internalz said the install failed.

Finally, I installed it via WOSQI. That worked fine. The patch does indeed work in 1.4.5
    Palm V -->m505 -->Tungsten T3-->T5->Centro-->Pre!
    Quote Originally Posted by psm9 View Post
    I got it to work.

I had left it installed when I updated to 1.4.5, but removed it via Preware when it didn't work.

I had tried to reinstall it using Preware's new function,. but Preware seemed to hang while installing it. I tried to download the patch and install it using Internalz, but Internalz said the install failed.

Finally, I installed it via WOSQI. That worked fine. The patch does indeed work in 1.4.5
    Installing with WOSQI worked! Thanks for the tip. This patch is awesome.
    Any chance this has to do with the fact that I left it installed during the 1.4.5download and install?
    That wouldn't be an issue; the Internalz patch installer uses AUPT scripts meaning you should be able to uninstall after an OTA update fine.

Quote Originally Posted by psm9 View Post

Preware's local install function only works on ipk files, and would not be able to install a .patch.
    And oddly enough, Internalz and WOSQI use the same .patch installation routine, so it's odd that you had issue reinstalling. What was the specific Internalz error you saw?

Oh, and it's a bit of du,mb question, but you used the "email attachment" way to get the .patch for Internalz right? If not, be aware that's a known issue.
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
    Global Posts
    340 Global Posts

Oh, and it's a bit of du,mb question, but you used the "email attachment" way to get the .patch for Internalz right? If not, be aware that's a known issue.
    That's what it was. I remember seeing that post before, but had forgotten about it. I had downloaded it directly from here, instead of having it emailed. Thanks!
    so yeah, i tried to reinstall this on my 1.4.5 sprint pre and it doesnt work
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

Quote Originally Posted by maxima2k53 View Post
    so yeah, i tried to reinstall this on my 1.4.5 sprint pre and it doesnt work
    The only way I got this to reinstall after 1.4.5 was to use WOSQI. Uninstall it using Preware and then install with WOSQI.
    The only way I got this to reinstall after 1.4.5 was to use WOSQI. Uninstall it using Preware and then install with WOSQI.
    I used wosqi also and still nothing
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

Quote Originally Posted by maxima2k53 View Post
    I used wosqi also and still nothing
    does it act like it installed correctly or are you getting any type of error? Does it show it installed in Preware?
    does it act like it installed correctly or are you getting any type of error? Does it show it installed in Preware?
    yes it showed as installed on preware and got no errors on wosqi but still not working
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

That wouldn't be an issue; the Internalz patch installer uses AUPT scripts meaning you should be able to uninstall after an OTA update fine.

Preware's local install function only works on ipk files, and would not be able to install a .patch.
    And oddly enough, Internalz and WOSQI use the same .patch installation routine, so it's odd that you had issue reinstalling. What was the specific Internalz error you saw?

I had the same issues. I tried twice to install this by emailing the .patch file to the phone and using internalz to install it. Both times the installation failed, I connected the phone to usb and used WOSQI and it worked great. On a side note I had trouble installing fstab fixer with preware, but the emailed .patch file installed without a problem using internalz?
    I'm having no success getting it installed. I've tried through email attachment using internalz and it looks like it's installed but it doesn't work. I've uninstalled, tried WOSQI, tried through 2 different email addresses, one hotmail that didn't work then I forward id to my gmail account. Nothing seems to work. Any other suggestions for what to try?

UPDATE: Got it to work finally, by uninstalling through preware with luna restart, re-emailing it, and it installed fine.
    Last edited by ilovemypreplus; 08/18/2010 at 03:44 PM. Reason: updated
    Quote Originally Posted by ilovemypreplus View Post
    I'm having no success getting it installed. I've tried through email attachment using internalz and it looks like it's installed but it doesn't work. I've uninstalled, tried WOSQI, tried through 2 different email addresses, one hotmail that didn't work then I forward id to my gmail account. Nothing seems to work. Any other suggestions for what to try?
    When I hit the email link it just emails a .patch file that has a size of 0kb. Download the actual patch link and then e-mail it to yourself, or use that patch to install with WOSQI. Should be 4kb in windows explorer, 3kb in quickinstall. not sure why the file is different sizes in different programs?? anyway something to check.
    Quote Originally Posted by housetube View Post
    When I hit the email link it just emails a .patch file that has a size of 0kb.
    this has happened to me everytime, but it used to work; i spoke to jason and we both think its precentral.

Download the actual patch link and then e-mail it to yourself, or use that patch to install with WOSQI. Should be 4kb in windows explorer, 3kb in quickinstall. not sure why the file is different sizes in different programs?? anyway something to check.
    problem is, i already tried this and it still doesnt work, this patch has to get updated
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

When I hit the email link it just emails a .patch file that has a size of 0kb. Download the actual patch link and then e-mail it to yourself, or use that patch to install with WOSQI. Should be 4kb in windows explorer, 3kb in quickinstall. not sure why the file is different sizes in different programs?? anyway something to check.
    Why download and then email to yourself? Why not just download to your desktop(or anywhere else on PC) and the install using WOSQI, that's what I did and it works now.
    Why download and then email to yourself? Why not just download to your desktop(or anywhere else on PC) and the install using WOSQI, that's what I did and it works now.
    yeah thats the only way that it works right now, but before it would work by sending urself an email attachment and opening it with internals. but now the email attachment doesnt work so hopefully it works soon. i like it this way bc it beats the hassle of connecting your phone to the computer, love when u just use ur own phone to install patches and not need a computer, just my opinion
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast