Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Global Posts
    340 Global Posts
    emergency file verification flags this patch as not compatible with AUPT-3 or -4. So, I removed it before the (hopeful) update. I hope I can reinstall it when I'm on 1.4.5
  2. mk3
    Global Posts
    622 Global Posts
    I hope this get's updated for 1.4.5 ! I really could use this patch for ummm.... looking at my keyboard while sitting in the seat of my truck in the early morning going to work.
    Feedback & Feature Requests | Palm USA

"Abracadabra Holmes"
    -Cal Naughton, Jr.
    Any update on these patches?

Are they AUPT compatible?
    Are they compatible with WebOS 1.4.5?
    Should they be removed before upgrading to 1.4.5?

I still haven't found them in Preware.
    Is this patch compatible with Jason's Device Menu Megamix?
    Vegas89134
    Sweet, gonna have to try this! Brightness Unlinked was getting quite annoying. Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 65fastback View Post
    man i want this, but i refuse to get up and go find my usb cord lol
    It's a little late, and wasn't an option when you posted, but you can download the attachment to your Pre and use Internalz to install the patch.
    Is the dev still around?
    Quote Originally Posted by sjamie View Post
    Any update on these patches?

Are they AUPT compatible?
    Are they compatible with WebOS 1.4.5?
    Should they be removed before upgrading to 1.4.5?

I still haven't found them in Preware.
    yes they are aupt (installers do this). no need to remove but might not work when updating to 1.4.5 - you just need to wait until a patch update is released.

Quote Originally Posted by vegas89134 View Post
    Is this patch compatible with Jason's Device Menu Megamix?
    don't see why not. I have the menu remix w/ flashlight and it works fine. Though there are combinations that conflict as has been reported.

Quote Originally Posted by sjamie View Post
    Is the dev still around?
    yes but busy with bigger projects.
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
    Read on twitter about this today, sounds like just what I need! Thanks!
    Thanks for the awesome patch!
    working wreat with 1.4.5 thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jp22382 View Post
    Brightness Unlinked includes an option to turn the screen off while on the touchstone, anyone know if there is another patch out there that does this?

If not, i'll need to keep BU installed.
    Same here exactly. I would happily remove BU and use a pair of patches to change what seems like should have been user-accessible options, but I really need the screen-off on Touchstone feature.
    Quote Originally Posted by AndrewRich View Post
    Same here exactly. I would happily remove BU and use a pair of patches to change what seems like should have been user-accessible options, but I really need the screen-off on Touchstone feature.
    You should check out Mode Switcher.
    You can configure the settings to allow you to shut off the screen when on the TS.(see signature for MS links).

This patch works wonders with Mode Switcher. With MS and this patch, I no longer needed BU.

For more information on Sconix's (@therealsconix/@modeswitcher) webOS collective work... visit here.

"Those convinced against their will are of the same opinion still." - Dale Carnegie
    Are there any plans to make this awesome patch available via Preware so it can added to the Saved Package List for quick restoring?
    This is a great patch. Brightness Unlinked was just a bit too much for me -- I hated leaving it running in the background, and this alternative does just what I wanted with minimal fuss. Thanks!
    this patch has been available for 3 months and it has yet to be up'd to preware, hu knows why but its safe to say its better installing this thru internalz
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

One person, with an unfortunate typo that adds a bit of ambiguity, says this patch works with 1.4.5. Can anyone else corroberate this? I noticed this problem last night with no KB light until I used Rod's wonderful megamix to crank the brightness a bit to get the KB light back. This seems like a good thing, but like others I'm curious why it didn't make it to preware? Also, being a girlie man, I'm nervous about installing via Internalz.
    M100=> 180 => 270 => 600 => 650 => 680 => 680 => 680 => Pre(GSM Pre minus)=>Galaxy S2 32GB
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    thank you very much!!!!!!!!!
    When will it be available in Preware? If you need to use a cable to install it... you blew it ;-)
    Global Posts
    118 Global Posts
    I just installed it with QI and can confirm that it's working well with 1.4.5. It really should be released on Preware.
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast