Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Global Posts
    418 Global Posts
    The fixed brightness patch looks great, just one hang up for me...

Brightness Unlinked includes an option to turn the screen off while on the touchstone, anyone know if there is another patch out there that does this?

If not, i'll need to keep BU installed.
    Quote Originally Posted by jp22382 View Post
    The fixed brightness patch looks great, just one hang up for me...

Brightness Unlinked includes an option to turn the screen off while on the touchstone, anyone know if there is another patch out there that does this?

If not, i'll need to keep BU installed.
    same here i would like a patch that turned off the screen on the touchstone, i would use brightness unlinked, but i had problems running bu while having uberkernal
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

3.    #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jahooba View Post
    I noticed on the "fixed keyboard brightness" patch that the keyboard lights stay on during a call. I know it's living up to the name of the patch and all, but would it be possible to make it go off with the screen when using the phone?

That little tweak would make it perfect.

Thanks!
    When on a call, the kb backlight does goes off when the prox sensor is covered.

If you want the kb backlight off at all times during a call, it's simply not in the scope of this patch.

Quote Originally Posted by xanthinealkaloid View Post
    When on a call, the kb backlight does goes off when the prox sensor is covered.

If you want the kb backlight off at all times during a call, it's simply not in the scope of this patch.

I just tested it again and you're right, sort of. Sometimes it goes off and sometimes it doesn't. I'll test it a bunch more and get back to you. Maybe it's something I'm doing.
    This patch = greatness!
    I've started to use the Fixed Brightness version with no problems. This is going to be a great replacement for Brightness Unlinked. I've never really needed a bright keyboard, but I need some light in a dark room. Now I'll be able to have my screen, 0% and keyboard, 20% at the brightness I want and use Mode Switcher.

Thanks for the great patch!
    any chance to get this great patch on preware?
    I just tested it again and you're right, sort of. Sometimes it goes off and sometimes it doesn't. I'll test it a bunch more and get back to you. Maybe it's something I'm doing.
    I know it's weird to quote myself, but here goes:

I tested to see why it wouldn't turn off, turns out that it will only register when there is some kind of switch being thrown. Particularly, when I take a call I put the phone to my head and open the slider, this turns on the keyboard lights, but the screen stays off. I have to pull it away from my head and then put it back for the KB lights to go off again.

Awesome patch. Thanks again!
  9.    #29  
    Quote Originally Posted by XiBerg View Post
    any chance to get this great patch on preware?
    I'm going to submit the inverted version tomorrow after I take a final look at it.

10. R_E
    Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    Is it possible to adjust the keyboard brightness to adjust based on the ambient light sensor value?
  11.    #31  
    I know it's weird to quote myself, but here goes:

I tested to see why it wouldn't turn off, turns out that it will only register when there is some kind of switch being thrown. Particularly, when I take a call I put the phone to my head and open the slider, this turns on the keyboard lights, but the screen stays off. I have to pull it away from my head and then put it back for the KB lights to go off again.

Awesome patch. Thanks again!
    Hmmm...I now see what you mean...It seems like such an unlikely scenario, but it's definitely worth trying to work out.

12.    #32  
    Quote Originally Posted by R_E View Post
    Is it possible to adjust the keyboard brightness to adjust based on the ambient light sensor value?
    It may be possible, but it's not in the scope of this patch.

Anyhow, it would definitely require better usage of the current sensor in general though.

Any idea if using this patch would interfere with the patch Reduce Minimum Brightness? The lowest stock setting on the Pre still isn't low enough for me, so I want to use the Reduce Minimum Brightness, but not sure how it will react.
  14.    #34  
    Quote Originally Posted by Beach447 View Post
    Any idea if using this patch would interfere with the patch Reduce Minimum Brightness? The lowest stock setting on the Pre still isn't low enough for me, so I want to use the Reduce Minimum Brightness, but not sure how it will react.
    Both patches will work fine together.

Did this patch ever get submitted for Preware? This is one of my favorite patches which would probably get a lot more use if it could be installed through Preware. Thanks for the great work!
    Of the 50 patches I have this is the most useful app.

Thank you
    Neither of these patches seem to work on my phone. I was so excited about this one.

I also noticed they aren't on preware. Was this written for 1.4.1.1?
    This is a very nice patch. I just install the fixed-keyboard patch and made a donation.

Can you get this to work with the Virtual Keyboard too (lol).
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
    Global Posts
    453 Global Posts
    dose it works with webos 1.4.5 ?
    Quote Originally Posted by kmader View Post
    Did this patch ever get submitted for Preware? This is one of my favorite patches which would probably get a lot more use if it could be installed through Preware. Thanks for the great work!
    im wondering this too, that it hasnt been submitted, or if it has how come it hasnt been there. I use this patch and its awesome!
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast