Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1.    #41  
    Yes.
    Check out MapTool Pro the best mapping app for all webOS devices!
    Let your kids practice their math101 Math This!
    Best image processing app for all webOS devices? Try ImageWorker Pro
    Iīve just removed the patch and will go without it tomorrow through the day to compare battery drain to today. I canīt imagine this patch is responsible, but on the other hand I did not change anything else. I get back to you on this once I compared.
    Global Posts
    447 Global Posts
    @Metaview - How often is the count refreshed? I have often found it to show incorrect number of the unread mails as compared to when I go into the Email app. I have 7 email accounts set up.
  4.    #44  
    It increases the count when a new email notification pops up and sets the count when the list for the all-inbox is rendered. Don't found any other place to grab the amount of unread emails.
  5.    #45  
    Ok, I just catched this case: I got one email notification and increased the unread count, I didn't wiped this notification away, then another email arrived and the unread count was increased by 2, the old + the new arrived email. I will try to fix it tonight.
    Global Posts
    291 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MetaView View Post
    It increases the count when a new email notification pops up and sets the count when the list for the all-inbox is rendered. Don't found any other place to grab the amount of unread emails.
    It's too bad that there isn't another way to pull the unread count. I love what you've done with this patch, but I was hoping to use the icon instead of the pop-up notifications, not on top of them. Great work here nonetheless.

Rob
    Rob Robinson
    Treo 600 >> Treo 650 >> Treo 755p >> Palm Pre
    Allright, I can now safely say that the patch had absolutely no impact on the battery drain Iīm experiencing at the moment. After removing the patch yesterday my Pre today didnīt even last from 8 in the morning to 5 in the afternoon. So thereīs definitely a problem, but it is in no way related to this patch. Looking forward to the next upgrade and will install this patch again.
    Last edited by heth; 05/28/2010 at 02:33 AM.
    preware?
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    Im really liking this patch. I have not noticed any decrease in battery life for the past few days.

On a different note I think a similar patch that would show the number of calendar events for the day would be cool.
    Global Posts
    447 Global Posts
    One issue I am facing:
    I receive an email, the icon shows the count.
    I read that email from my computer, but the icon on pre still keeps showing the count as one.
    If I goto the email app on my Pre, there's no unread messages.
    That makes sense, though, because as explained, the patch does not constantly query your e-mail. It relies on dashboard notifications and the actual e-mail app being opened to get enough information to change the icon. It has no way of knowing that you've read an e-mail at another location until you open the e-mail app again.
    Global Posts
    447 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tobias funke View Post
    That makes sense, though, because as explained, the patch does not constantly query your e-mail. It relies on dashboard notifications and the actual e-mail app being opened to get enough information to change the icon. It has no way of knowing that you've read an e-mail at another location until you open the e-mail app again.
    Thanks.

Is there any way to modify the patch to look for the count from "All inboxes" in the email?
    I have set it to "not show" the icon for a few of them in preference. So I dont get the notification for those, thus they are not included in the count for the current version of the patch.
  13.    #53  
    It uses the count of the "All inboxes" folder if it opens and refreshes the list.
    Global Posts
    131 Global Posts
    is it possible to modify this patch to work with the messaging app?
    Quote Originally Posted by MetaView View Post
    Ok, I just catched this case: I got one email notification and increased the unread count, I didn't wiped this notification away, then another email arrived and the unread count was increased by 2, the old + the new arrived email. I will try to fix it tonight.
    MetaView, was wondering if you have figured out a fix for this or is it not possible to fix?
  16.    #56  
    Haven't found the time yet.
    Global Posts
    582 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by KarlD89 View Post
    is it possible to modify this patch to work with the messaging app?
    +1
    @Metaview: how about doing the same or similar for voicemail?

I posted a patch request to get a voicemail waiting count in the top-bar. The only response I got in that thread said to ask you, since your e-mail count patch is similar. Having the voicemail waiting count appear in the phone-app icon would be cool, though having the count in the top-bar would be even better I think.

I don't think you'd even have to count the notifications, since the phone app itself maintains a count that you could possibly access.
    Nice idea! I really like the messaging icon idea as well.
    Metaview, was curious if you have found a fix yet for this patch? I really like this patch, but lately it seems like the count of unread e-mails is incorrect more often than not...
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast