1.    #1  
    So I am in the process of creating a companion patch for my ZomPre theme

I have it almost done, but I forgot that I am using a custom font that is placed in /usr/share/fonts. I need a bit of help with the command to get the file and put it in that location. I have been trying to see other patches and how they accomplish this function... but have had no luck... any ideas?
    "When there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth"

PM me your questions, If I cant find an answer, I'll show you who can.
    Just have your theme .xml send the font file in your zip to the correct directory on the device. Don't use a patch.
    Like Abyssul said, depending on what you're using to create your theme, you can set the file to be installed to /usr/share/fonts/ when the theme is installed, & then it will be removed when the theme is removed. The only theming source i've used is PreThemer which allows you to send files to a certain location. I assume the Theme Builder would also have a way to set this up.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by Veritas06 View Post
    Like Abyssul said, depending on what you're using to create your theme, you can set the file to be installed to /usr/share/fonts/ when the theme is installed, & then it will be removed when the theme is removed. The only theming source i've used is PreThemer which allows you to send files to a certain location. I assume the Theme Builder would also have a way to set this up.
    ok, so i am muddling through this a bit. I have my zip from prethemer and it looks like i can just add the changed CSS files to that and reupload? I thought they didnt allow those files to be changed? Also how would I set it to send the file to usr/share/font... cant i just add it to the zip by adding the file to the zip in the right location?

5.    #5  
    ok, so i am muddling through this a bit. I have my zip from prethemer and it looks like i can just add the changed CSS files to that and reupload? I thought they didnt allow those files to be changed? Also how would I set it to send the file to usr/share/font... can't i just add it to the zip by adding the file in the right location?

I haven't edited the themes after download but i believe you have to edit the XML file in the root of the theme if you add files to that zip. If you are editing on the site, there is a 'Files' tab option in the Theme Creator which will allow you to upload a file & select which directory you want it dropped into.
  7.    #7  
    I haven't edited the themes after download but i believe you have to edit the XML file in the root of the theme if you add files to that zip. If you are editing on the site, there is a 'Files' tab option in the Theme Creator which will allow you to upload a file & select which directory you want it dropped into.
    so i have tried to upload the files using the Files tab, but it seems to not replace the file when installing.... its a .css file, apparently that matters?

I'd really not like to have to recreate my theme with the theme builder. If it's easier to write the patch, i would rather....
    Last edited by mrloserpunk; 05/23/2010 at 02:36 AM.

is the bloody font already in your theme you created? if so then the patch is all you need to create. People would just have to install two things 1, your theme, 2, your patch.
  9.    #9  
    I was messing around with that yesterday, i was getting a error though when installing the patch Bloody is part of the theme now on prethemer, I confirmed it with the zip package. You mind giving it a shot to see if your getting the error with the patch as well??

10.    #10  
    so you would think that I could just download the .zip package from prethemer and upload it to themebuilder then add the files and rezip it right? Nope, get a cannot find path error from the wallpaper? OK, this is irking me here. I'm sure i can get the patch and wallpaper download thing working, But is that really the only option? Do Prethemer and Themebuilder not get along?

Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    is the bloody font already in your theme you created? if so then the patch is all you need to create. People would just have to install two things 1, your theme, 2, your patch.
    I read this thinking you had a British dialect so when you said "bloody" I thought you were mad and giving him a hard time. Silly me

If I helped you or you have downloaded one of my files,
    then least you could do is click the "Thanks" button.
    I would just do this. Add this to you theme XML. Make sure you insert the location of the font file.

<file>
    <filename>(LOCATION IN ZIP OF FONT FILE)</filename>
    <destination>/usr/share/fonts</destination>
    </file>

Why mess with patches when you can just use the zip?

13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by Abyssul View Post
    I would just do this. Add this to you theme XML. Make sure you insert the location of the font file.

<file>
    <filename>(LOCATION IN ZIP OF FONT FILE)</filename>
    </file>

Why mess with patches when you can just use the zip?
    I agree, I just thought it would be easier than its been.... but us this what you had in mind?

I would just add that with the location to the end of the XML? for example

>usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.photos/icon.png</image></icon></iconset><file><filename>usr/share/fonts</filename><destination>/usr/share/fonts</destination></file></themelist></data>
    <file>
    <filename>(\usr\share\bloody.ttf)</filename>
    </file>
    Last edited by mrloserpunk; 05/23/2010 at 12:56 PM.

Take out the parenthesis.
    Code:
    <file>
    <filename>\usr\share\bloody.ttf</filename>
    </file>
    Seems right. If you want, you can send me the XML to look at, but the best way would be trial and error to test it.

15.    #15  
    Ok, Thanks to both of you for helping me out with this, I really appreciate it. I think i have it right, I have the fonts and patch in the xml file and in the right spot in the folder. What I am not sure of is how do i test it? How do i take it from a .zip to a .ipk so i can install it with woqi? I have it here if either of you "guru's" wanna take a look at it

webOS QI will let you install zips of themes. Just drop it in the window like an IPK, press install, & sit back & enjoy your new theme with customer fonts =]
  17.    #17  
    humm, I am not getting that with woqi, that must mean something is wrong in the zip file...