Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Beach447 View Post
    WOW...what a great patch. Any chance you could get that in Preware so my friends who don't understand WOSQI could use it? Or is it already in Preware?
    No...It's not in Preware yet...I've made the mistake a couple of times submitting patches too quickly, so I like to give it a few days to catch any unforeseen issues.

Quote Originally Posted by bog3nator View Post
    is this going to be added to preware? :-)
    I will probably do it at some point...I don't really see the need to rush it though since we have such a great tool in WOSQI.

Global Posts
    340 Global Posts
    I installed it via WOSQI, but dowsn't seem to work. I've never used brightness unlinked. I do have "Reduced minimum brightness" and "add brightness to device menu".

any thoughts?
    Quote Originally Posted by psm9 View Post
    I installed it via WOSQI, but dowsn't seem to work. I've never used brightness unlinked. I do have "Reduced minimum brightness" and "add brightness to device menu".

any thoughts?
    I had the same problem. I did a full restart and it worked fine after that. It's really a great patch.

edit: I dont use "reduced min brightness" or "add brightness to device" menu so I am not sure what effect those may have.

any thoughts?
    I'm guessing it may interfere with "Reduced minimum brightness", but it works well with "add brightness in device menu."

I rebooted my phone for the changes to take effect
    Global Posts
    340 Global Posts
    well, I didn't do anything, but it works. When I plugged the phone in and Mode Switcher turned on my "Night" mode, the screen dimmed, but the keyboard is brightly lit.

very cool

any thoughts?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jahooba View Post
    I'm guessing it may interfere with "Reduced minimum brightness", but it works well with "add brightness in device menu."

I rebooted my phone for the changes to take effect
    Fortunately, there should be no conflict with the Reduced Minimum Brightness patch installed, i.e. both will work contiguously.

Unfortunately, I'm not sure yet why some folks are having to do a full restart to get it working...It really should only take a Luna restart.

I did notice a minor syntax error which I reposted above; not sure if it will make a difference though.

Quote Originally Posted by Jahooba View Post
    Great patch, thank you! This is one I will never do without from now on

I rebooted and it started working (Luna restart didn't work), even with "Brightness Unlinked" installed this patch worked great.

My only complaint (I'm sorry!) is that I like the keyboard as bright as possible at all times. Do you think maybe one day you can make a patch that just sets the keyboard brightness to 100 no matter what the screen setting?

Would any one else like a patch like that? Do you think it would drain a lot of battery?
    This would be great.
    Can you post some code so I can edit to 100% all the time
    PayPal Make a donation and/or hit the Thanks button please
    My home page. >>>>>CMCS<<<<

Quote Originally Posted by warlord9159 View Post
    This would be great.
    Can you post some code so I can edit to 100% all the time
    Please see the new patch thread I created for further info related to this patch, including this request and updated patch files.

[Patch] Inverted Keyboard Brightness

9.    #29  
    @xanthinealkaloid: thanks for making this patch. I haven't visited this request until I heard about it from the latest palmcast. I usually install thru preware only, but I will see if I can install a patch. Great job!
    Did this patch disappear after 1.4.5? I thought this was the cleverest patch there is. I think it should be enabled by default. Does the old patch work in 1.4.5?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12