1.    #1  
    I don't understand why but for some reason when I install homebrew patches with Preware, eventually one of them causes my speaker to fail in handset mode. I haven't figured out if it is a specific one or just when I get to a large number of patches (usually around 50 or so apps and 30 or so patches). I can make calls normally I just can't hear anything unless I switch to speaker phone or use a headset.

Has anyone else had this problem? This is so frustrating. I know it is the patches because it has happened to me on 2 different phones now. And it always seems to happen shortly after applying some patches. I haven't really felt like adding 1 patch at a time and making a phone call to see if I can figure out which patch is causing it. Sometimes doing a full erase fixes it, sometimes it doesn't.

I guess I'm not even asking for help. I'm just wondering if this has happened to anyone else and if anyone knows a specific patch that has caused it.
    Quote Originally Posted by fireyfuzzball View Post
    I don't understand why but for some reason when I install homebrew patches with Preware, eventually one of them causes my speaker to fail in handset mode. I haven't figured out if it is a specific one or just when I get to a large number of patches (usually around 50 or so apps and 30 or so patches). I can make calls normally I just can't hear anything unless I switch to speaker phone or use a headset.

Has anyone else had this problem? This is so frustrating. I know it is the patches because it has happened to me on 2 different phones now. And it always seems to happen shortly after applying some patches. I haven't really felt like adding 1 patch at a time and making a phone call to see if I can figure out which patch is causing it. Sometimes doing a full erase fixes it, sometimes it doesn't.

I guess I'm not even asking for help. I'm just wondering if this has happened to anyone else and if anyone knows a specific patch that has caused it.
    i got 60+ patches in my pre and my pre is good, it could be 2 things; some patch that u installed that has to do with changing code in the speaker/headset messed up with ur pre, or it could be a hardware defect. to really know which is by removing all patches and 2 c if it fixes the issue. if u still got a problem then u got a hardware defect
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

3.    #3  
    Well thats what I thought. My original Pre had the issue and I initially thought somehow the speaker had developed a bad connection or something. I reset the phone and it seemed to only help sometimes (which I assumed meant it was just a coincidence). Then I finally got my second phone and the same thing happend, right after I added several patches. But this time resetting my phone didnt help at all. So I am pretty baffled at this point. I'm on my third Pre now and I am hesitant to start putting patches on it.... I've looked around too and haven't seen anyone with the same hardware error.