Global Posts
    86 Global Posts
    hello folks.
    I installed the 'timestamps fancy' patch for messaging without realizing it buggers the word wrap. now i'm trying to uninstall, but get the following error:

failed
    -1: Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps /bin/sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.patches.messaging-timestamps-fancy.prerm 2>&1
    1 out of 1 hunk FAILED -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/stylesheets/messaging.css.rej

anyone able to troubleshoot this for me? i tried removing with preware and WOSQI, with no luck on either.
    thanks in advance!
    Quote Originally Posted by rivum View Post
    hello folks.
    I installed the 'timestamps fancy' patch for messaging without realizing it buggers the word wrap. now i'm trying to uninstall, but get the following error:

failed
    -1: Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps /bin/sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.patches.messaging-timestamps-fancy.prerm 2>&1
    1 out of 1 hunk FAILED -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/stylesheets/messaging.css.rej

anyone able to troubleshoot this for me? i tried removing with preware and WOSQI, with no luck on either.
    thanks in advance!
    Hmmmm. Can't say I know what your problem is, but I'll give it a shot.

Since you said it conflicts, maybe your "word wrap" patch is the problem. Try unpatching the word wrap first. Once that's unpatched, do a Luna restart.

Once that's gone, then try removing your timestamps patch. If that works, feel free to add back the word wrap patch, after a luna restart of course

As far as timestamps are concerned, I'm partial to "timestamps clean". You should give that a whirl.

Hope you get it figured out. You could always run EPR (Emergency Patch Removal) from WOSQI if all else fails, then start from scratch with your patches. Good luck.
    Life moves fast. Don't miss a thing.