1.    #1  
    I don't know if I will make any sense in this thread so just try to follow me,
    I was looking at the FaceBook Chat Spoof in TextEdit and I was wondering: If I were to replace 69.63.181.104 which is for FaceBook Chat, with 216.178.38.120 which is what comes up when I do "ping chat.myspace.com" in terminal, if it would then allow MySpace Chat the same way that FaceBook Chat works.

Example- The main guts of the FaceBook Chat Spoof patch looks like this

--- .orig/etc/hosts
    +++ /etc/hosts
    @@ -2,1 +2,2 @@
    127.0.0.1 palm-webos-device
    +69.63.181.104 talk.google.com

So, if I were to change the number before "talk.google.com" to 216.178.38.120 (for chat.myspace.com) to make the main guts of the patch to look like

--- .orig/etc/hosts
    +++ /etc/hosts
    @@ -2,1 +2,2 @@
    +216.178.38.120 talk.google.com

If I could then use this patch for MySpace chat?

I hope at least two of you out there understand what I'm asking. And to clarify, I am not asking for MySpace chat specifically, I'm asking if this method would work.

ThankYou!
    Last edited by ColbyM; 05/18/2010 at 01:06 PM.
  2.    #2  
    BUMP ?

Help meh pleesh
    Quote Originally Posted by ColbyM View Post
    I don't know if I will make any sense in this thread so just try to follow me,
    I was looking at the FaceBook Chat Spoof in TextEdit and I was wondering: If I were to replace 69.63.181.104 which is for FaceBook Chat, with 216.178.38.120 which is what comes up when I do "ping chat.myspace.com" in terminal, if it would then allow MySpace Chat the same way that FaceBook Chat works.

Example- The main guts of the FaceBook Chat Spoof patch looks like this

--- .orig/etc/hosts
    +++ /etc/hosts
    @@ -2,1 +2,2 @@
    +69.63.181.104 talk.google.com

So, if I were to change the number before "talk.google.com" to 216.178.38.120 (for chat.myspace.com) to make the main guts of the patch to look like

--- .orig/etc/hosts
    +++ /etc/hosts
    @@ -2,1 +2,2 @@
    +216.178.38.120 talk.google.com

If I could then use this patch for MySpace chat?

I hope at least two of you out there understand what I'm asking. And to clarify, I am not asking for MySpace chat specifically, I'm asking if this method would work.

ThankYou!
    I say test it out on the emulator and see if it works. That way you won't screw up anything with your actual phone.
    I seriously doubt it. The primary reason it works with the spoof patch is because both GTalk and FB chat use the XMPP protocol. That's why you connect to FB chat using a GTalk account.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by peterlemonjello View Post
    I seriously doubt it. The primary reason it works with the spoof patch is because both GTalk and FB chat use the XMPP protocol. That's why you connect to FB chat using a GTalk account.
    Hmm. So is there no way around it?
    Checkout Greg's messaging plug-ins. They add a bunch of functionality to the messaging app. I'm not sure how well the myspace plug-in works.

http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...-your-pre.html