1.    #1  
    My Pre is almost always set to vibrate mode as I don't often want audible alerts and other times I just can't hear them when I'm in a noisy environment. I have most of the alerts configured so I can tell what the alert is without even looking at my Pre.

For example:

Emails: I've installed "Email Vibrate Extension" by Abyssul for email alerts and it works great. I can always tell that I just received an email without looking as the long steady vibration is unique.

Phone: Phone calls already have a distinctive vibration pattern.

SMS/IM: There is "SMS/IM Vibrate Extension" by Abyssul for SMS so while it is similar to the email patch, I can usually tell the difference between SMS and email without looking.

However, the Calendar is still a problem. What I need is a Longer & Unique vibration pattern for Calendar Events. The standard vibration is usually too quick that I keep missing important meetings. I would love it if there was a patch to use the standard calendar 1/2 second vibration, then pause 1/2 second, then vibrate 1/2 second,.... and so on until it has vibrated 5 times or (even better) a user defined number of times. This pattern would be unique enough so I could tell that I have a calendar event without looking at my Pre and long enough so that I shouldn’t miss it, unless I’m completely brain dead that is.

It might be better if there was an an application to configure all the different vibration patterns for all of the different alerts. SYS/IMS, phone, email, calendar, low battery and anything else I'm missing.

Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by jackdf View Post
    My Pre is almost always set to vibrate mode as I don't often want audible alerts and other times I just can't hear them when I'm in a noisy environment. I have most of the alerts configured so I can tell what the alert is without even looking at my Pre.

For example:

Emails: I've installed "Email Vibrate Extension" by Abyssul for email alerts and it works great. I can always tell that I just received an email without looking as the long steady vibration is unique.

Phone: Phone calls already have a distinctive vibration pattern.

SMS/IM: There is "SMS/IM Vibrate Extension" by Abyssul for SMS so while it is similar to the email patch, I can usually tell the difference between SMS and email without looking.

However, the Calendar is still a problem. What I need is a Longer & Unique vibration pattern for Calendar Events. The standard vibration is usually too quick that I keep missing important meetings. I would love it if there was a patch to use the standard calendar 1/2 second vibration, then pause 1/2 second, then vibrate 1/2 second,.... and so on until it has vibrated 5 times or (even better) a user defined number of times. This pattern would be unique enough so I could tell that I have a calendar event without looking at my Pre and long enough so that I shouldn’t miss it, unless I’m completely brain dead that is.

It might be better if there was an an application to configure all the different vibration patterns for all of the different alerts. SYS/IMS, phone, email, calendar, low battery and anything else I'm missing.

Thanks.
    Have you tried the Calandar Notification Repeat patch. It lets you configure the notification to repeat every X seconds for N times.