Global Posts
    136 Global Posts
    Hi; the Palm's default "Tasks" app is nice in some ways, and limited in others (it doesn't seem like there's a way to get it to sync with Google Tasks yet, for one).

But anyway, one problem that should be correctable is that currently, whenever you open Tasks, you start at a screen where you choose which of your todo lists you want to look at. For those of us who like to keep it simple and usually work with one todo list, this step is an annoying waste of time.

So, it would be awesome if there were a patch that would tell Tasks to open to a default list of tasks, rather than to a list of lists of tasks.

How hard would this be to do? I'm sure it would be very useful to many users!
    Last edited by hopfrog; 05/16/2010 at 05:24 PM. Reason: typo
    Global Posts
    136 Global Posts
    So, I wonder why no one answered this? Was my question too unclear? Let me know if I need to explain it better.

Do you think it would it be possible to make a patch to open Tasks to a default task list?
    The one patch I know about for the task opens it up to the detailed new task information.
    Global Posts
    136 Global Posts
    Thanks, mamouton, for replying!

However, I don't think that there's now a patch that does this. I'm a bit of a noob, so I might be wrong; however, when I use Preware and go to Available Packages->Patches->Tasks, I see only one patch, which is called "Auto Details."

This patch (according to its description) changes Tasks so that whenever you add a task to a list, the app brings up the card where you can add lots of details about the task. That's nothing like what I'm asking about (I'd like to have the Tasks app display a default list of tasks right when it opens).

So, am I not seeing the patch you're referring to? Maybe I'm looking in the wrong place?

Thanks for your feedback mamouton; I appreciate it. I'd also appreciate any other insight on this topic that you or others can provide.
    I too would like to see this. I use the Tasks app often, though I have gotten used to categories, I would love to not have to deal with them all together.
    @hopfrog that is the patch I am referring too. I don't think there is a patch that opens up to the list of tasks yet. Done by Haeffb opens to tasks. It is based off toodledo great app I use that for the majority of my tasks.
    Global Posts
    136 Global Posts
    I see, ok.

I also use Done! and agree it's a very slick app. But I still notice that there are some problems with it. The main one is that you when using Done! you can't drag-and-drop todo items to re-arrange your list like you can with the default Tasks app.

When I asked Haeffb about this he pointed out that because Done! syncs with Toodledo, there was pretty much no way for Done! to allow drag-and-drop list re-arranging, since Toodledo doesn't have this functionality.

This sucks for me, since I like the simplicity of dragging important tasks to the top of the list, and I also like being able sync my todo list with my igoogle homepage. However, none of the top "todo" apps offers drag and drop task re-arrangement via an igoogle gadget. Only Google Tasks lets you do this.

So what I really want to do is to use a third-party service such as GooSync to link the Pre's built-in Task App to Google Tasks. That would provide the best of both worlds.

But the first step is getting the native Tasks App to be usable. Then we can worry about getting goosync or someone to get it to sync somehow with Google Tasks, which would really provide the ultimate Tasks solution, imho.