Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I've been a Verizon customer for over 6 years, and have NEVER not had phone signal. Because of that, having signal strength in the top bar is pretty much pointless...I would much rather use that space for something like GPS status. Would it be possible for someone to make a patch to hide phone signal strength in the top bar? If possible, an icon would only show up if there is no signal.

Thanks!
    I understand now, have a friend with a pre+ asking the same question
  3.    #3  
    with the system menu framework patch needed fo the today menu, only 4 icons are visible in the upper right. I also have the mute switch icon patch, so if my mute switch is activated my bluetooth icon disappears. My requested patch would fix that (because I could care less about the phone signal strength) also it would allow me to add something like GPS status icon.
    Global Posts
    95 Global Posts
    I'm bumping this thread beacause I was looking for a patch like this. Wouldn't it be somewhat easy to do? It'd be the same as the "Radio Always Off" patch, but without disabling the radio, just hiding the icon.
    I can make a patch real quick if you'd like.
    Want to keep up with my exciting new projects? You know where to find me.
    Global Posts
    95 Global Posts
    I'd really appreciate it if you did!
    Here try this. The signal strength icons only show when you have zero bars or are in Airplane Mode. I didn't actually test this patch, but it should work lol.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Global Posts
    95 Global Posts
    LOL! Fastest patch ever? Thanks a million! It works perfectly. That's why I love the webOS comunity. Hats off!

EDIT: Just a note: the signal reappears sometimes, I think because it's showing no bars, so it falls back. Is there a way to edit that behavior?
    Quote Originally Posted by firebrewd View Post
    LOL! Fastest patch ever? Thanks a million! It works perfectly. That's why I love the webOS comunity. Hats off!
    Thanks! lol

I'm just very familiar with the Top Bar. I know exactly where everything is lol.
    Global Posts
    95 Global Posts
    You sure know your way around it, heh. I left a note above: "the signal reappears sometimes, I think because it's showing no bars, so it falls back. Is there a way to edit that behavior?"
    Quote Originally Posted by firebrewd View Post
    You sure know your way around it, heh. I left a note above: "the signal reappears sometimes, I think because it's showing no bars, so it falls back. Is there a way to edit that behavior?"
    Well, the only way the icons will show up is if you have 0 bars or are in Airplane Mode. I could make it hide the 0 bars image if you'd like. That's the only solution...
    Global Posts
    95 Global Posts
    Yeah, no problem, that'd be a fine solution.
    Ok, try this one...
    I still have it so the Airplane Mode icon will show. That's just so you don't forget it's on (if you use it) lol
    Global Posts
    95 Global Posts
    Wonderful, it's perfect now. Seriously, thank you very much, for the fast response and the awesome patch. I'd submit it to Preware if I were you.
    No problem! I'll submit it to Preware tonight.
  17.    #17  
    FYI, Abyssul made a patch that did this back in May it just never made it into this thread somehow. He may have made a separate one for it?

Anyways, I think Abyssul's hides it completely regardless of if there is no signal or airplane more or anything but I'll post it anyways...I'm going to try the one Garrett92C posted as soon as I get a chance because I like the idea of it only showing up if there is no signal...
    I posted two different versions above. The first one shows 0 bars and Airplane Mode. The second one only shows Airplane Mode.
    great idea. I tried emailing 1.0 to myself cause I want to see the signal if I have zero bars so I can switch to roam only. BUT when I try emailing this to me I get an
    SMPT error. Data not accepted.
    any help?
  20.    #20  
    Garrett92C, I tried installing your version of the patch that shows zero bars and airplane, but a get a 5 or 5 hunks error. I was able to reinstall the version I had, but I would like to get your version working. I'm guessing it's just conflicting with another patch I have installed?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast