Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    By chance, are you using webOS 2.0?

What other patches do you have installed? I can't imagine this one really conflicting with anything... Hmm.
    Quote Originally Posted by stu5797 View Post
    great idea. I tried emailing 1.0 to myself cause I want to see the signal if I have zero bars so I can switch to roam only. BUT when I try emailing this to me I get an
    SMPT error. Data not accepted.
    any help?
    I've had random problems with that 'Email Attachment' link as well. You should be able to download the patch directly from your phone and install with Internalz.
    Also, I will be submitting these patches to Preware tonight. I forgot to do it yesterday lol...
  4.    #24  
    Haha, I wish! 1.4.5

I have a ton of patches (100+) but here's the ones related to the top bar: Show Wifi SSID, Rotated Battery Icon and Percentage Color, Device Menu Megamix, Add Date - MM/DD, Format app menu for adding date, System Menu Initial Framework, System Menu Today Menu, System Menu Mode Menu, Date as Carrier No Year Time While Locked, Ultimate Top Bar Icon Mod Tool.

I thought maybe the old one didn't uninstall properly (although I uninstalled with preware which is usually very reliable) but because the old one reinstalled fine I don't think that is the issue...Oh, and I tried installing via internalz as well and it was unsuccessful.
    Oh ok. It's definitely conflicting with UTBIMT. I know this because I made it lol.

I do have an idea on how to make you a compatible patch, but it'll have to wait until I get back to my computer in a few hours.
  6.    #26  
    Alright, no rush. I was content with the one I've had, I would just prefer to have the icon show up if there's ever no signal.

Thanks!
    Try this one out...
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Want to keep up with my exciting new projects? You know where to find me.
  8.    #28  
    Didn't work via Internalz, I'll try with Quick Install...
    I got it working and this is a great patch. I love that it shows up when there are no signal bars!
    thanks for your hard work!
    Quote Originally Posted by JamMasterClay View Post
    Didn't work via Internalz, I'll try with Quick Install...
    Really?

Do you still have that patch file for UTBIMT? You can easily edit it to hide the signal bars.
  11.    #31  
    Yup, I'll try that and see if it works. Should I use the code from the first version you posted or the compatible version? Do I just append it to the end of the UTBIMT patch?

Thanks for all the help!
    You'd need to edit some existing lines in the patch. It's actually pretty easy to do. If you post the UTBIMT patch here, I could do it for you if you'd like.
  13.    #33  
    I hate to make you go through all this hassle just for me, but if you're bored I'd definitely appreciate it. I modified it a little already just to change the location of the icon files.
    Ok, this one should work lol.
    Oh forgot to mention that the patch I posted is meant to replace your original UTBIMT...
  16.    #36  
    Awesome, that worked perfectly! Put it into Airplane Mode and the airplane showed up, turning or airplane mode it showed the no bars icon until it got a signal. Thanks a ton for doing this for me, it's very much appreciated!
    No problem! Glad it finally worked out lol
    Global Posts
    95 Global Posts
    Sorry for bothering you again, but I tried uninstalling and testing the other patch JamMasterClay posted. It worked, but I liked yours better. I uninstalled it then reinstalled yours, but now it doesn't work, the icon is there all the time. Same with the other patch.

I tried installing it with Preware, but I get the error: 1 out of 1 hunk FAILED -- saving rejects to file usr/lib/.../systemui.css.rej

I'm pretty sure both patches are uninstalled. What can I do?

EDIT: I could solve the problem. I downloaded the WebOS Repair Utility and manually restored the file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/stylesheets/systemui.css. Thanks anyway for a great patch.
    Last edited by firebrewd; 12/03/2010 at 03:28 PM.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12