Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    It would make it nice to not have to put the phone in vibrate mode to get rid of that sound. Does anybody know where that file is stored?
    ???

That sound is so quiet I can't imagine it being an issue.

Guess my hearing sucks even worse than I thought.....
    Global Posts
    239 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jjeffcoat View Post
    ???

+1...
    Bell Pre- running 2.1 @ 800MHz
    Samsung Galaxy Tab (stock)
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jjeffcoat View Post
    ???

At night when I'm reading RSS feeds and I am repeatedly popping up new browser cards, or checking out links from twitter, my wife notices the poof. She's annoyed because the room is silent and all she hear's is that sound cutting through the silence.

It also annoy's ME as well when the room is quiet.

So why don't I just turn the overall volume down of the phone or put it on vibrate? Because I'm a Systems Engineer and if something breaks at night and I have GOT to hear a notification from email or SMS, then I don't want to have forgotten to turn the volume back up or turn off vibrate mode before I fall asleep. I turn the volume of the phone up pretty loud so I make sure my notifications wake me up.

My wife or I don't, however, need to hear "poof!poof!poof" for no reason. SHE's the one that asked about it, so it's not just me that is annoyed by that useless sound.
    Last edited by dreznicek; 05/16/2010 at 01:45 AM.
    Global Posts
    239 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dreznicek View Post
    At night when I'm reading RSS feeds and I am repeatedly popping up new browser cards, or checking out links from twitter, my wife notices the poof. She's annoyed because the room is silent and all she hear's is that sound cutting through the silence.

It also annoy's ME as well when the room is quiet.

So why don't I just turn the overall volume down of the phone or put it on vibrate? Because I'm a Systems Engineer and if something breaks at night and I have GOT to hear a notification from email or SMS, then I don't want to have forgotten to turn the volume back up or turn off vibrate mode before I fall asleep. I turn the volume of the phone up pretty loud so I make sure my notifications wake me up.

My wife or I don't, however, need to hear "poof!poof!poof" for no reason. SHE's the one that asked about it, so it's not just me that is annoyed by that useless sound.
    The Pre multitasks... Leave the cards open til morning....
    Bell Pre- running 2.1 @ 800MHz
    Samsung Galaxy Tab (stock)
    go to the sound settings and turn off system sounds
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sothrowd08 View Post
    go to the sound settings and turn off system sounds
    That worked great!

...but I can't help but wonder what else it silenced?
    Quote Originally Posted by dreznicek View Post
    That worked great!

...but I can't help but wonder what else it silenced?
    I think there are some threads somewhere on how to change the "throw away card" sound to something else - you can try doing a search. Hopefully one of them will indicate where that sound file is located, and maybe you can replace it with a "dummy" sound file that is essentially non-audible.

But as I indicated earlier, I have the opposite problem - I wish the card throw away "swoosh" sound was a little louder, I have trouble hearing it.
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
    do a search of posts by me, you will find the location. I can't remember it right now.
    I guess everybody has a different opinion about everything.. I never thought I would hear someone complain about that sound. I think it's one of the sweetest sound on the phone. :swoosh:
    ;-) ;-)
    It only turns off the swoosh sound. I have all my other sounds still. All of my notifications still go off. I turned mine off as well. I swipe a lot of cards off and it gets old.
    Quote Originally Posted by rush View Post
    I guess everybody has a different opinion about everything.. I never thought I would hear someone complain about that sound. I think it's one of the sweetest sound on the phone. :swoosh:
    ;-) ;-)
    I like that sound too, I think it's pretty smooth how you just swipe, and swoosh!
    I found it. It is called discardingapp_01.pcm
    it is under the /usr/share/systemsounds file.
    Quote Originally Posted by rush View Post
    ;-) ;-)
    LOL I myself hate it, I even turned it off on my friends Pre because it annoys me.