1.    #1  
    I went to Sprint earlier this week to get a replacement Pre (the second time I've done this - both have been from a broken power button). Before I went, I removed all patches, homebrew apps, preware, etc from my phone to make it as "stock" as possible.

Sprint had to send away for my new Pre because they had none in stock. This left me in an interesting position. I decided to live without my patches for 2 days while I waited for my new phone.

The patches I missed the most were actually some of the most simple. Of course I missed my 800 MHz and hyper cards, but not as much as some others. Here are my top 5 most missed (and essential) patches.

1. Messaging timestamps
    2. Battery icon as Percent
    3. Add date - MM/DD
    4. 4x4 Launcher v3
    5. Email Landscape

These are ones that Palm could implement easily and almost everyone could benefit from. The 4x4 launcher is the only one that's not a no-brainer. Maybe people with bad eyes or huge fingers wouldn't want it.

I now have my new Pre with my patches all restored and all is well.

What are some of the patches you would miss the most?

EDIT: I received a suggestion to keep track of responses to get the top overall patches. Put your top 5 patches down and I'll keep it up to date. I know, it's hard to pick just 5. I have 41 installed myself

Maybe some of the best will be officially adopted by Palm. We can hope.

Here is the top patch count so far:

1. Battery icon as Percent - 6 votes
    2. 4x4 Launcher v3 - 5 votes
    3. Email Landscape - 3 votes
    4. Messaging Timestamps Clean - 3 votes
    5. Device Menu Ultramix - 2 votes
    6. Huge tie (21 patches) - 1 vote each
    Last edited by pre_daddy; 05/17/2010 at 10:11 AM. Reason: Keeping a count of people's top 5 patches
    Life moves fast. Don't miss a thing.
    4x4 Launcher
    SMS Contact per Tone
    Enter Key for New Line
    Reset to First Page
    SMS Vibrate to one Second
    Battery icon as percent
    Close dialpad on hangup
    More standby times
    Reduce minimum brightness
    No pause of video on screen change
    battery percentage instead of icon
    browser mod so gesture click = orange click
    silent to really silent patch
    advance menu in launcher ( i only use garbage collectors, but it's so usefull)
    device menu megamix wih media vol control (volume button is currently busted)
    Battery as percent
    Brightness unlinked
    Messaging timestamps
    My notifications
    4 x 4 launcher
    4x4 Icons
    Enter key for Newline
    Enable landscape for email
    Messaging character counter
    Glass effect.

pre_daddy - sent you a PM.
    Bump
    Hmmm.... let's see.

1) Battery Icon as Percent
    2) 4x4 Launcher (v. 3)
    3) No Auto-Off While Charging
    4) Device Menu Ultramix
    5) Enable Verizon aGPS

I need to check out 4x4 Launcher v. 3. I didn't realize there was much of a difference between the various versions, so I just picked v. 5 because it was the one with the highest version number. If v. 3 turns out I like it better than v.5, I'll switch my vote

Edited to add: Okay ... version three IS better. The icons look better and the app names are spaced better.
    Last edited by smmullen; 05/17/2010 at 08:58 AM.
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by smmullen View Post
    Hmmm.... let's see.

1) Battery Icon as Percent
    2) 4x4 Launcher (v. 3)
    3) No Auto-Off While Charging
    4) Device Menu Ultramix
    5) Enable Verizon aGPS

I need to check out 4x4 Launcher v. 3. I didn't realize there was much of a difference between the various versions, so I just picked v. 5 because it was the one with the highest version number. If v. 3 turns out I like it better than v.5, I'll switch my vote

Edited to add: Okay ... version three IS better. The icons look better and the app names are spaced better.
    Glad to hear we helped Enjoy
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by AOW View Post
    Battery as percent
    Brightness unlinked
    Messaging timestamps
    My notifications
    4 x 4 launcher
    AOW - I looked thru preware and didn't see any patches called "my notifications". Can you be more specific?
    1. New card per convo 2. Battery icon as percent 3.messaging timestamps 4.device menu ulta mix 5.landscape email