webOS Nation Forums >  Homebrew >  webOS Patches > [Patch Request] Enable Vibrate on the Touchstone
[Patch Request] Enable Vibrate on the Touchstone

Old 05/13/2010, 10:28 PM   #1 (permalink)

So now that I have the Touchstone I've discovered that instead of vibrating when you turn off the ringer switch, it still rings...it just rings using a really annoying and high-pitched sound. I would rather have it vibrate. Would it be possible to have it vibrate instead?
Old 05/14/2010, 04:58 PM   #2 (permalink)
webOS Enthusiast

I've noticed this too. I don't think there is a fix for this. The phone makes that sound too when you set the phone to vibrate and you get a phone call.

Strange to say the least
Abyssul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05/15/2010, 03:29 PM   #3 (permalink)

My phone actually remains silent and vibrates on the touchstone.

I wish there was some way to mute email notifications when it is on the touchstone so that I can leave the ringer on when I go to bed, but not get woken up every time I get an email during the night.
COS777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05/15/2010, 04:43 PM   #4 (permalink)
webOS Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by COS777 View Post
My phone actually remains silent and vibrates on the touchstone.

I wish there was some way to mute email notifications when it is on the touchstone so that I can leave the ringer on when I go to bed, but not get woken up every time I get an email during the night.
You can install Mode switcher and set the trigger to be the touchstone and have it set you email notification sound to a silent .mp3
Abyssul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/16/2010, 12:32 PM   #5 (permalink)

I had a phone that vibrated on the touchstone, but I had to have the device replaced and now it does the super annoying ring. I have all the same patches installed, but I think this means that It *can* be done somehow.
potatoboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/16/2010, 12:50 PM   #6 (permalink)

I believe it's a mechanical defect in the TouchStone. Using Mode Switcher to set your notifications to Mute while on the TouchStone will fix the issue.
NachoB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/16/2010, 12:53 PM   #7 (permalink)

my ts and the ts back are the same. Only the phone is different.
Old 06/16/2010, 01:01 PM   #8 (permalink)

Hmm, maybe it's in the phone then now that you mention it. I have 3 TouchStones and all 3 of them do it.

HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
Palm Pre wallpapers
Old 06/16/2010, 01:37 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NachoB View Post
I believe it's a mechanical defect in the TouchStone. Using Mode Switcher to set your notifications to Mute while on the TouchStone will fix the issue.
After carefully reading this thread... I'm not sure if my situation is the same.

I normally have my phone on ring, but when I'm at work I used the Ring/Silent switch to change it to Vibrate.

When I put it on the touchstone with the switch on vibrate I'd still like it to Vibrate. Right now, i get this odd sickly ring that isn't even in the list of ring tones. I've tried seeing if there was a mechanical issue with the magnets in the TS interfering with the vibe motor, but it vibrates as normal on the TS with the power disconnected. Is this the same thing that everyone else experiences? My previous phone would vibrate the same regardless of whether it was on the TS or in my pocket.
Old 06/16/2010, 02:18 PM   #10 (permalink)

That's my experience. Rings funny
while at the same time vibrating.
Old 06/16/2010, 02:20 PM   #11 (permalink)

I get no vibrating, just funny sounding ringing.
Old 06/24/2010, 01:34 AM   #12 (permalink)

After more searching and talking with Palm support they're saying that it should vibrate. More searching here shows this isn't the case, and that there is a patch that enables vibrate while charging. I've installed that patch (and only that patch) and my phone still does the useless super quiet buzz/ring on the Touchstone. Perhaps my old phone was defective and didn't fully identify the Touchstone as being different than standard charging. The patch is/was "Charging Alert Vibrate Only" by a2ny and dBsooner. Can anyone verify that this at some point caused the phone to vibrate when receiving a call on the Touchstone? Can it be updated so that it works again?
Old 06/24/2010, 08:21 AM   #13 (permalink)

Abyssul, my problem is this-I installed 2 sec vibration for both SMS and Email. They work great except for 1 problem. If I silent my phone using the ringer switch (vibrate turned off) it still vibrates. If I remove the patches it works fine. Any suggestions?
djculhane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/24/2010, 08:47 AM   #14 (permalink)

I don't think you want it vibrating while on the Touchstone, the Pre or Pixi will probably just fall off the Touchstone while vibrating!

I don't think you want it coming off the charger!

Rob
Version 1.4.1.1
Sprint Configuration 2.3
Model: P100EWW
Hardware Version: A
Firmware: CC1.4(510)

rlanza1054 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/24/2010, 10:01 AM   #15 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by potatoboy View Post
After more searching and talking with Palm support they're saying that it should vibrate. More searching here shows this isn't the case, and that there is a patch that enables vibrate while charging. I've installed that patch (and only that patch) and my phone still does the useless super quiet buzz/ring on the Touchstone. Perhaps my old phone was defective and didn't fully identify the Touchstone as being different than standard charging. The patch is/was "Charging Alert Vibrate Only" by a2ny and dBsooner. Can anyone verify that this at some point caused the phone to vibrate when receiving a call on the Touchstone? Can it be updated so that it works again?
I have the exact same issue. A weird "ding" ringtone that plays VERY quietly and dings about 10 times in one second, and it doesn't vibrate. It's pretty useless.

I believe the patch you mention just changes the charging ALERT (not ringtone) to vibrate. So when you plug it in it doesn't play the normal mp3 but instead does a short vibration.
Speebs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/24/2010, 11:45 AM   #16 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlanza1054 View Post
I don't think you want it vibrating while on the Touchstone, the Pre or Pixi will probably just fall off the Touchstone while vibrating!

I don't think you want it coming off the charger!

Rob
Not at all. The magnets are quite strong. As I stated, my other Pre actually did this. The vibration is much louder than the stupid ring and vibrates my desk just slightly. It's essentially the same sensation as if the phone were in your pocket on vibrate.

In an environment with any noise, the stupid ring becomes inaudible, causing me to miss calls unless i'm looking directly at the phone when they come in.
Old 11/27/2012, 07:45 PM   #17 (permalink)

And there i was, wondering how i could enable that unlisted ringtone i only heard twice

Thanks for the hint.
Remy X is offline   Reply With Quote

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0