1.    #1  
    I am trying to create a simple patch to change the gray phone signal strength icons to color.
    The washed-out gray icons are miserable to read.

All this patch would do is replace the rssi*.png files in the usr\lib\luna\system\luna-systemui\images subdirectory.

The zip of the png's in the right file structure is attached (plus color wifi and color Bluetooth zips).

How do I make this a .patch file?

A little detail...
    The Battery % patch uses a Red-Orange-Yellow-Green color code to show how much battery is left. I can glance at it and see by the color how much I have left. I want do the same thing with Phone icons...and then WiFi...and then Bluetooth. The color WiFi and Bluetooth zips are below as well. You chose just the peices that you want like this:

At a glance, the battery is green, cell signal is marginal, and I am out of range of WiFi...oh and the Bluetooth logo is BLUE. duh.

So how do you make a patch file to change a few png files? I can use PreThemer to make IPK's. Can those be submitted as patches?

Thanks,

- Craig
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by milominderbinder; 05/13/2010 at 03:17 PM.
    Try this Ive had it and a wifi one for a while now!

use the scrims folder as usual for all of my patches and name them

rssi-0.png
    rssi-1.png
    rssi-2.png
    rssi-3.png
    rssi-4.png
    rssi-5.png
    Please hit the thanks button if I helped you

If you've enjoyed my patches please feel free to donate towards further development.

Follow the link below.

Here is a ZIP with color coated signal and wifi bar (.pngs)

Thanks for sending a message to me milominderbinder. As far as I know, you can easily input images into a .ipk which can be submitted to the WebOS-Internals team for import into the Preware feed. I don't necessary know how, but it's definitely more complicated than your average patch.

The best alternative is 2sslow's scrim patch.

If I helped you or you have downloaded one of my files,
    then least you could do is click the "Thanks" button.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by 2sslow View Post
    Try this Ive had it and a wifi one for a while now!

use the scrims folder as usual for all of my patches and name them
    That's wonderful! Can it populate the scrims subduirectory with the rssi.png files I created?

- Craig
  5.    #5  
    Thank everyone for your help!

I created three separate ipk files using PreThemer intending this as three separate patches. A zip of all three is attached. The point is that you could take these as building blocks so you could make your phone have just what you want.

Also, here is the link to my iPhone-Black-Launcher theme that includes the color phone bars, color WiFi, and color Bluetooth icons if you want to see them all in one place.
    http://www.prethemer.com/iPhone-Blac...theme1815.html

From there you can download the iPhone-Black-Launcher theme ipk for installation using WebOS Quick Install.

Remember to do a Luna Restart for theme changes to be seen.

Unfortunately WQI sees each ipk as a theme and will only allow you to have one theme installed at a time.

How do you change these ipk's to not look like themes?

Better yet, how do you really make an ipk from just image file changes?

Imagine what we could do if you could pick and chose the elements you like and basically make your own theme...

@2slow, is there a way to use an ipk to install all of the scrim pngs for all of your patches at once into the scrims folder?

- Craig
    Last edited by milominderbinder; 05/13/2010 at 06:05 PM.
    Im not sure as ive not researched ipks, the problem I see is it is going to be a theme w/ a patch embedded, meaning if a patch were to conflict w/ the embedded patch then you would have to remove the theme to use the other patch.

No offence to themers, Im not a fan of theming.I can change most anything I want by scrim-patching(some cant be so themes are necessary) w/ the exception of icons and boot screens.

Im not interested in changing the boot screen or icons so I dont need themes.

I wish I could help more I just dont know enough about it to be of assistance.
    Please hit the thanks button if I helped you

If you've enjoyed my patches please feel free to donate towards further development.

Follow the link below.

Global Posts
    115 Global Posts
    You could also use the patch (which is not a theme) in this post:

http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...ml#post2449195

Then you can replace the icons in the /media/internal/customize folder.

If you want to hide these icons from the Photo app, modify the patch to use /media/internal/.customize as the path instead.

Hopes this helps... plee3
    Last edited by plee3; 05/13/2010 at 08:26 PM. Reason: Updated for .customize