Page 1 of 12 12345611 ... LastLast
  1.    #1  
    The calendar application icon on the pre shows the current day of the month, would it be possible to make the mail application icon show the number of unread mails (like on other *cough*i*cough*phones)?
    Quote Originally Posted by XiBerg View Post
    The calendar application icon on the pre shows the current day of the month, would it be possible to make the mail application icon show the number of unread mails (like on other *cough*i*cough*phones)?
    the notification mail icon that appears and stays at the bottom of the screen in the notification area already shows the number of unread emails when you get multiple emails. can you describe a use-case where having the number of unread emails on the mail icon would be preferable?
    I usually just slide the notifications away and later forget about them, if I could see it in the icon, it would be great. Problem: the calendar works to have icons for each day and then replaces its own icon with the one for the day. Now you would need several icons for the mail app, don't know how much you would want. You can't install this icons using a patch file, can you? The code to replace it might be doable, but all this icons?
    Check out MapTool Pro the best mapping app for all webOS devices!
    Let your kids practice their math101 Math This!
    Best image processing app for all webOS devices? Try ImageWorker Pro
    Why not just back swipe to hide the notification, when you touch it again it will come up and show the last message and the total new e-mails.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Sprint Pre- Meta-Doctor 2.1.0 w/Flash

Everything is Amazing & Nobody is Happy, "People with their mobile phones, "uh... oh... it won't..."... GIVE IT A SECOND... IT'S GOING TO SPACE!" Louis C.K.
    Alone the icon makes me nervous
    My wife swipes away notifications too. She would probably appreciate this functionality too. However, she doesn't patch...
  7.    #7  
    I think this would definitely be a great functionality... so who's gonna implement it?

Regarding the number of different icons necessary:
    11 will suffice: 0 (i.e. mail icon without number) up to ">10"
    This patch is doable, but I don't know the exact details. If someone is capable of doing this, such as Jason, I would suggest copying the code from the calender for switching the icon based on the day and have it rely on the amount of unread emails. The limit should be 10 to be realistic though it could go up to 99.

I can make the icons if someone is up to the challenge for creating the framework of the patch. Gonna be a big .ipk with 99 email icons though

If I helped you or you have downloaded one of my files,
    then least you could do is click the "Thanks" button.
    Well would we really need 99? Maybe if it can be set to, lets say, 30? I mean, how many unread emails do we all get before we actually check them in the first place? I check my emails daily. At most, if I don't check them for a while, I'll have no more than 15 unread
    Quote Originally Posted by kristoffer10 View Post
    Well would we really need 99? Maybe if it can be set to, lets say, 30? I mean, how many unread emails do we all get before we actually check them in the first place? I check my emails daily. At most, if I don't check them for a while, I'll have no more than 15 unread
    Same here, but there are business people who could get up to 99 emails on a busy day. It doesn't hurt to go that high.
    Not sure if this is possible, but how about splitting the email icon into 2 halves so that each half can go from "1-9"? This should help reduce the number of icons dramatically.
    Quote Originally Posted by Abyssul View Post
    Same here, but there are business people who could get up to 99 emails on a busy day. It doesn't hurt to go that high.

Oh I see...
    Quote Originally Posted by cr_8_tiv View Post
    Not sure if this is possible, but how about splitting the email icon into 2 halves so that each half can go from "1-9"? This should help reduce the number of icons dramatically.
    Good idea, but it would require more coding on behalf of the patcher. The only downside of 100 icons in the image folder is that it takes up more storage on your 8gb, but very minimal... Like a few MBs at most. It would be easier to just have the icon be replaced and pick a single icon.
    what about putting a "+" beside the last number, to show there's more than the threshold.. Eg 10 is the max, and 11 or more would look like "10+"?
    Well, one of you should first make the icons.
    I like the idea a lot! I have attached an example of how I think it could look, what do you guys think?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Global Posts
    239 Global Posts
    Add me as interested...
    Bell Pre- running 2.1 @ 800MHz
    Samsung Galaxy Tab (stock)
    Suppose you could contact the YouView dev about creating a dynamic icon for an app. I think this would be amazing if implemented.
    But would involve more than a simple patch, or? Create a couple of icons which then needs to be in internal/scrims and I will try to make the patch next week.
    Quote Originally Posted by heth View Post
    I like the idea a lot! I have attached an example of how I think it could look, what do you guys think?
    I like it! However I think the dynamic icon should be orange. Like the Palm Logo! My only issue with the YouView dynamic icon is that it's gray and doesn't really look all that great up against the launcher. Ideas?
Page 1 of 12 12345611 ... LastLast