Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 LastLast
    Global Posts
    505 Global Posts
    OK I uninstalled the old patch and installed the new one, I put the icons in the same folder I had the original icons in and the patch isn't working. Did I do something wrong?
    have you opened the email program yet?
    Global Posts
    505 Global Posts
    Yes I did and its not updating the homescreen icon.
    When I first change the updated patch I thought it wasn't working I had opened the zip file but forgot to put them in my scrim folder. Double check and make sure your new files are in your scrims folder. Only thing I did was change 10 to 21 so it should apply with no problem and if it installed and is referencing the files the only other thing that could be missing is the files or you don't have the new icons in the right place.
    Last edited by mamouton; 05/23/2010 at 09:20 PM.
    Global Posts
    505 Global Posts
    I just checked my scrims folder and they are all there. I notice you called it scrim and not scrims, is that possibly the discrepency? Was the code in the patch changed to scrim?
    no that was just a typo on my part do your icons have the correct naming convention? what theme of the icons are you using? this is the correct naming convention
    email_icon_21.png
    Global Posts
    505 Global Posts
    Yes because I left the 1st 10 I used in the folder and let the new ones overwrite them. I just double checked it before posting my issue.
    what do you mean overwrite them? did you change the files you were using? I would double check the scrims folder for the correct names and was it working before you updated the patch? Your scrims folder should have 21 files for the unread email icons.
    Global Posts
    505 Global Posts
    Yes I let the new icons overwrite to old ones, the original 10 I used plus the ones thru 21. Do I need to name them differently than they were in the zip file? And yes the original patch and icons were working just fine.
    Global Posts
    505 Global Posts
    I just deleted all my icons in my scrims folder recopied them back into it. I'm now uninstalling the patch again and going to reinstall it, hope it fixes the issue.
    Global Posts
    505 Global Posts
    Unfortunately it still doesn't work, I have 8 unread emails but my icon is blank. I'm going to reinstall the original patch and just use 1-10 for now I guess.

Thanks for your help Mamouton I really appreciate it.

Have a nice evening all.
    which set of icons did you use? I am attaching a screenshot to show it is working. I am using the black and blue theme
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Global Posts
    505 Global Posts
    The White ones Warlord posted in post #105.
    Global Posts
    505 Global Posts
    OK I installed the old patch and it's working with the new icons, I have 10 unread now and it's showing properly. I'll just have to forget about 11-20 for now.
    I just installed them and they work fine. Try reinstalling the updated patch I posted.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    I installed the updated patch and the same problem for me. When I changed the code back to 10, it worked again. I only have 10 mail icons in my scrims folder, plus the zero icon
    Global Posts
    505 Global Posts
    OK just uninstalled the old patch, waiting on Luna, she's almost as slow as my Blackberry. Thank you for your patience and help with this. Did you install the patch that you posted or install before posting? Just wondering if something got corrupted in the upload?
    Global Posts
    505 Global Posts
    Ahh that's what I was wondering, if something got messed up in the patch. I don't know how to edit the code so I can't comment there.
    I installed the patch that I posted i can download and try the one i posted here though to see if that is an issue
    uninstalling downloading and installing patch from thread now.