Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    159 Global Posts
    i like it, i would use it all the time
  2. mk3
    Global Posts
    622 Global Posts
    Heck I would be happy if it just had something to show there are unread messages. I swipe away the notification then totally forget to go back later to read mail. This is a great idea!

[edit] while thinking about this more why not have an icon that reminds you there are unread text messages and phone voicemails too.

The reminder patch is just straight-up annoying. especially if the phone is downstairs and you get an email at 2am...
    Last edited by mk3; 05/16/2010 at 10:06 AM.
    Feedback & Feature Requests | Palm USA

"Abracadabra Holmes"
    -Cal Naughton, Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by mk3 View Post
    Heck I would be happy if it just had something to show there are unread messages. I swipe away the notification then totally forget to go back later to read mail. This is a great idea!
    I believe there is a patch that keeps notifying you until the e-mail is read.

If you were interested in something like that.
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
    The reminder patch is just straight-up annoying. especially if the phone is downstairs and you get an email at 2am...
    That can be annoying, but aren't you able to limit the amount of times it reminds you? I think I have mine set to remind me 5 times and no more than that
    The patch is difficult, not the icon change but the get the number of unread emails...
    Check out MapTool Pro the best mapping app for all webOS devices!
    Let your kids practice their math101 Math This!
    Best image processing app for all webOS devices? Try ImageWorker Pro
  6. mk3
    Global Posts
    622 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MetaView View Post
    The patch is difficult, not the icon change but the get the number of unread emails...
    Then how about a new icon to show that there are unread emails, different from the normal email icon. Same would be great for voicemails and text messages while you're at it.
    Feedback & Feature Requests | Palm USA

"Abracadabra Holmes"
    -Cal Naughton, Jr.
    Then how about a new icon to show that there are unread emails, different from the normal email icon. Same would be great for voicemails and text messages while you're at it.

Kind of like a "Missed Events" Patch?? Aybe to the Top Bar?
    @Metaview: Any news on the patch? Sorry to hear that it turned out not as easy as we thought. I hope itīs still possible though
    It will, but yesterday some sickness stroke me down. Now I have everytime to look on my half-baked patch: showing most of the time a "1" in the email icon, I guess it is counting notifications without resetting the icon when I dismiss them
    It's hardly the functionality that most would want but maybe instead of using a number you could just use an "!" to let you know that you have a missed or new "event"? Just an idea.
    Now I see the number of emails from the last notification. Well that's a progress. Next is to get the number of unread emails when in list view.
    Thatīs great news! Thanks for the update.
    Now I see the number of emails from the last notification. Well that's a progress. Next is to get the number of unread emails when in list view.
    right on!!!! that's awesome news to know that progress is being made, a step closer to yet another awesome patch! keep it up metaview, thanks for your diligent work on this!
    Ok, one of you might try it. If it works ok for a couple of people I would submit it.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Ok, one of you might try it. If it works ok for a couple of people I would submit it.
    Metaview, I tried the patch and it didn't work for me. I sent myself a few e-mails to check it and the icon never changed. I am curious, since other posts in this thread talk about and show pictures of new icons that the patch would pull from (same as the calendar), do I need to put icons on my phone for the patch to work. I quickly read through your code and didn't notice any lines referencing a .png file, so I'm thinking I don't; but again I only did a quick scan through the code...
    yes, I forgot the icons. I'm away from keyboard right now. @heth could you upload the icons? Copy them to usb drive; scrims and call them email_icon_00.png to email_icon_10.png
    The patch gives log output when trying to change the icon. You might check this too: palm-log.bat -f com.palm.apps.email
    So will this require two patches to work?
    Would it be possible to have just the numbers as separate PNGs, and have them overlay the mail icon at a certain location. The those same PNGs could be used in a patch to show unread things in the messaging app or any other app with unread stuff...
    Would it be possible to have just the numbers as separate PNGs, and have them overlay the mail icon at a certain location. The those same PNGs could be used in a patch to show unread things in the messaging app or any other app with unread stuff...
    Would it be possible to have just the numbers as separate PNGs, and have them overlay the mail icon at a certain location? The those same PNGs could be used in a patch to show unread things in the messaging app or any other app with unread stuff...
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast