Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Allright, heres a mock-up of how that could look like.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Quote Originally Posted by heth View Post
    whoa that's perfect! can not wait until this has functionality!
    If you guys like it, Im willing to go the extra mile and make all the 99 icons for this patch to happen. Unless we decide to go for the 10+ idea, that would take me only a couple of minutes to make thos few icons.
    I need to know which resolution the original palm icons have, this one I found on the web, Im not sure if the original pngs are also that big?
    Looks great, but reminds me of the 99 cent store for some reason.
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
    Global Posts
    239 Global Posts
    If you guys like it, Im willing to go the extra mile and make all the 99 icons for this patch to happen. Unless we decide to go for the 10+ idea, that would take me only a couple of minutes to make thos few icons.
    I need to know which resolution the original palm icons have, this one I found on the web, Im not sure if the original pngs are also that big?
    If they don't take that long to make, I say go to at least fifty. Or I'm sure someone who is better with photoshop than me is willing to step up to the plate.
    Bell Pre- running 2.1 @ 800MHz
    Samsung Galaxy Tab (stock)
    Heres a quick test how the icon would look like in the launcher bar. I think the number must be bigger to be quickly readable, what do you think?
    Heres a quick test how the icon would look like in the launcher bar. I think the number must be bigger to be quickly readable, what do you think?
    Needs better contrasting colors. The white on orange kind of bleeds together from a distance.
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
    Absolutely right. I did another take, still white font, but with a slight shadow and an overal bigger icon. Only other way to get more contrast would be a black font I guess, but I dont like the look of that, kinda defeats the purpose of emulating the palm logo. Please keep in mind that the screenshots from the pre are somewhat low qualy, the icon on the pre itself looks actually quite crisp. I did that by changing the icon from on of the homebrew apps to test this, so its not a photoshop mockup but actually tested on my pre.

EDIT: Another shot from the launcher itself, bigger icon here.
    I'm a fan of it, looks pretty slick!
    Global Posts
    505 Global Posts
    I'm a newbie here and to WebOS and I also think this is a function that should be built in. It would be totally awesome to have this materialize, it looks great on screen.
    After receiving a few emails at once, I noticed that Palm uses this bubble already on its own for the dashboard. So I extraced that icon and did another version which I think is the best one yet in terms of readability.
    @heth: Do you have a couple of icons to try?
    Check out MapTool Pro the best mapping app for all webOS devices!
    Let your kids practice their math101 Math This!
    Best image processing app for all webOS devices? Try ImageWorker Pro
    I can make few right now if you like, how many would you need for testing? Maybe the first ten? Im thinking zero new mails would be jsut the envelope like we know it and then the bubble counting up for more emails.
    Sounds good, hurry to patch
    Check out MapTool Pro the best mapping app for all webOS devices!
    Let your kids practice their math101 Math This!
    Best image processing app for all webOS devices? Try ImageWorker Pro
    Ive sent you a pm with a link to the first 10 icons
    This is very exciting! Keep up the excellent job guys!
    After receiving a few emails at once, I noticed that Palm uses this bubble already on its own for the dashboard. So I extraced that icon and did another version which I think is the best one yet in terms of readability.
    Looks great. Easy to read.
    It's after midnight here, I guess I will have a preview of the patch tomorrow before midday. If not then, it will be postponed to the evening
    Global Posts
    905 Global Posts
    Can't wait to see this show up in Preware - it's a great addition in functionality. Great idea.

Quote Originally Posted by MetaView View Post
    It's after midnight here, I guess I will have a preview of the patch tomorrow before midday. If not then, it will be postponed to the evening
    THIS....is the type of things that make the pre the best smartphone on the market! awesome work guys, cant wait to see this one when complete!
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast